Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby floppymoose » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:00 pm

I'll pass this along for investigation.
floppymoose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm

I should be able to add a NA eligible player without having to drop a player because of the "1 over max roster size" rule. I have 3 free NA spots to fill. Sigh.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 am

is the only way to add free agents though a waiver claim, even in a public league?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:is the only way to add free agents though a waiver claim, even in a public league?

No. Just created a public league team to make sure, and the waiver mode is standard. So guys will typically be free agents unless they were just dropped by another team or added to the player pool.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 34)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 pm

I drafted in a public league last night. it says Waiver Mode: standard. but then it also says Waiver Time: 2 days. the players today all have W (Mar 14) after their name.
if this means it's always 2 days and not just add right away to your roster, then this partly ruined fantasy baseball for me.
waiver priority is a lot less meaningful. you're always going to use a waiver priority to make a move. if a player hits the DL and you don't have a replacement for that position, then you're screwed. you're going to have 3 days before you can add a player to put into that position. if this is how it is, this is retarded.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:08 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I drafted in a public league last night. it says Waiver Mode: standard. but then it also says Waiver Time: 2 days. the players today all have W (Mar 14) after their name.
if this means it's always 2 days and not just add right away to your roster, then this partly ruined fantasy baseball for me.
waiver priority is a lot less meaningful. you're always going to use a waiver priority to make a move. if a player hits the DL and you don't have a replacement for that position, then you're screwed. you're going to have 3 days before you can add a player to put into that position. if this is how it is, this is retarded.

Players are always on waivers right after the draft.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Ray Zorback » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:25 pm

J35J wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:I drafted in a public league last night. it says Waiver Mode: standard. but then it also says Waiver Time: 2 days. the players today all have W (Mar 14) after their name.

Players are always on waivers right after the draft.

True in a public league.

In a private league the commish has a choice between "post draft players on waivers" or "post draft players free agents".
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 124)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 pm

I think I figured this out, and I was confused, and wrong. the 2 days is how long a player stays on waivers after he is dropped. like you drop playerX and he remains on waivers unavailable for pick up for 2 days. but then after 2 days he becomes available for anyone anytime. the reason I see W (Mar 14) right now is because I just did the draft last night, and anyone not drafted gets put on waivers. after March 14 they will become available.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I think I figured this out, and I was confused, and wrong. the 2 days is how long a player stays on waivers after he is dropped. like you drop playerX and he remains on waivers unavailable for pick up for 2 days. but then after 2 days he becomes available for anyone anytime. the reason I see W (Mar 14) right now is because I just did the draft last night, and anyone not drafted gets put on waivers. after March 14 they will become available.

That is exactly what people here said, but yes heh... Most leagues, and all public leagues, are configured to put all undrafted players on waivers for the usual waiver period for the league.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 34)

Postby JCD » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings not working properly.
Selecting top 25, top 100 and top 500 is fine, but when selecting ALL it selects the top 25 option.
Last edited by JCD on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers