Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby boredguy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 pm

GRIN wrote:
GRIN wrote:Nor can I see a week's worth of opponents at a glance. That tab is gone. :-t That's probably related to the 'not in a separate column' issue. Unless I'm missing it. Please someone let me know if I am. I don't want to be unfairly critical of Yahoo.

A Schedule tab appeared on the My Team page. This replaces the Opponents tab in the old user interface. ;-D
So that can be used to solve the 'daily opponent in a new column' issue rather than relying on the opponent data under the players name ;-D

Doesn't really solve the daily opponent thing for me, i still want to be able to see stats while still having an easy way to see who's playing that day. Even in leagues with a lot of scoring categories the setup isn't cramped for space, i don't see why that column got removed. Also the dates and headers in the schedule tab don't line up, dates are all the way to the left with the header to the right.

The option for a white background and the re-appearance of the start active players button are both positives.
boredguy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 am

You may change Fantasy Football pages to a white background on your Edit Team Information page.
hugs all around.
thank you. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 am

wrveres wrote:
You may change Fantasy Football pages to a white background on your Edit Team Information page.
hugs all around.
thank you. ;-D

+1
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1440)

Postby AdvRider » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 am

Just one of many examples of the disaster that is the Yahoo "upgrade." It's not just the wretched white text on dark background, or the oversized, overspaced typeface, they're messing with the data too. For days now, no Game Log info is available for 2013. I thought, hmmm, now that we're into the postseason, maybe Game Log is supposed to show only post season games (not that that would make any sense) and I have to manually select the regular season? But no, that is not the case.

BTW, if I go to the Canadian site, all the info is presented, as it ought to be.

I really need to stop wasting my time trying to get information from Yahoo Sports. What was once an intuitive and enjoyable experience is now aggravating and frustrating and unproductive. Like I say, this no Game Log data has been going on for days. First of course I thought it was a temporary glitch, but evidently not.

AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Guy Smiley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm

wrveres wrote:
hugs all around.
thank you. ;-D

We are working on a fix for this. The change was made for football, where it works and saves space, but not for hockey and basketball. We will have a fix for this soon.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 14)

Postby JCD » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Please give private league commissioners the selectable draft feature of limiting autobid's max bid % to 50% of Yahoo player price.
It's nonsense that some players don't show up for draft, although the drafttime is accepted by everyone more than a month prior to draft, and still get a decent team to play with.
Who does not show up, should not get any help in private leagues, unless league decides to allow this much autodraft help.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby wrveres » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 am

JCD wrote:Please give private league commissioners the selectable draft feature of limiting autobid's max bid % to 50% of Yahoo player price.
It's nonsense that some players don't show up for draft, although the drafttime is accepted by everyone more than a month prior to draft, and still get a decent team to play with.
Who does not show up, should not get any help in private leagues, unless league decides to allow this much autodraft help.
Just trying to understand this. Your upset that the league is too competitive, or that the Yahoo computer rankings are too good?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:09 pm

wrveres wrote:
JCD wrote:Please give private league commissioners the selectable draft feature of limiting autobid's max bid % to 50% of Yahoo player price.
Just trying to understand this. Your upset that the league is too competitive, or that the Yahoo computer rankings are too good?

My reading of it is that if you don't show up for your auction draft, he wants the autodrafter to do so poorly you can't possibly compete. I'm going to guess that isn't a high demand feature.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby etex211 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 am

I was commissioner for a yahoo head to head, one win per week league this past season. We had our own unique rules regarding free agent pickups and waiver claims, so the league members submitted their roster moves to me each week, and I processed all of them for the league.

The head to head scoring periods ran from Monday to Sunday. All league transactions were due to me Sunday by 6:00 pm, and I processed them Sunday evening, to be effective for the Monday games.

One thing that would be very beneficial is for the league commissioner to have the ability to process those transactions retroactively. In some cases, getting the transactions completed Sunday evening was difficult. In a couple of cases, I made mistakes that were not caught until Monday. It would be nice to be able to make the transactions on Monday or Tuesday, and have them be retroactive prior to the start of Monday's games.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

etex211 wrote:I was commissioner for a yahoo head to head, one win per week league this past season. We had our own unique rules regarding free agent pickups and waiver claims, so the league members submitted their roster moves to me each week, and I processed all of them for the league.

The head to head scoring periods ran from Monday to Sunday. All league transactions were due to me Sunday by 6:00 pm, and I processed them Sunday evening, to be effective for the Monday games.

One thing that would be very beneficial is for the league commissioner to have the ability to process those transactions retroactively. In some cases, getting the transactions completed Sunday evening was difficult. In a couple of cases, I made mistakes that were not caught until Monday. It would be nice to be able to make the transactions on Monday or Tuesday, and have them be retroactive prior to the start of Monday's games.

just curious, but couldnt you simply put all players on waivers, and have the yahoo system run transactions every saturday evening/sunday morning? this is an upgrade id been pushing for for years, and over the last couple seasons the genie has implemented them.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers