Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby suckerpuncher » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 am

Is there any reason why I can't schedule a live fantasy hockey draft past September 30?
I know the NHL starts October 1 but in recent years live drafts could be held even after the NHL has officially started.

Even if I select to start scoring in week to I can't select a date in October.

Is this on purpose or will there be live drafts added in October?
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Live drafts for October can't be scheduled until after the season starts on Tuesday. I'm in a league that is supposed to draft on Wednesday and we have our drat set to Autopick for now, and will change it once the new dates are available.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby jfg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:40 am

Has anyone in roto leagues noticed that Stattracker has been inaccurate? I go to bed after all the games are over and when I wake up the standings show usually a half point difference of what Stattracker showed the previous night.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Checking on position eligibility for Xander Bogaerts for 2014, and Yahoo has some incorrect stats. Yahoo shows that he started all 13 games at 3B...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/9319/

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... xa01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... gs_0::none
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby West » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm

jfg wrote:Has anyone in roto leagues noticed that Stattracker has been inaccurate? I go to bed after all the games are over and when I wake up the standings show usually a half point difference of what Stattracker showed the previous night.

Probably because many of the teams in your roto league were over their IP and Games caps, and Stat tracker does not take that into account. AKA, I have run out of innings, but I leave a starter in, he gets 5 K's, and I move up in K's because Stat tracker doesn't recognize the caps.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby suckerpuncher » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:50 am

Yeah. please put the opponent in an extra column so it's easier to see which player has a game or not.
And whoever came up with the idea to use blue and a thin light gray font on a dark gray background?

And whatever happenend to the button which automatically switched in active players for non-acitve players?
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GRIN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

boredguy wrote:While i'm probably one of the few here that play fantasy hockey the way they show opponent now (team and time under the player) instead of having a seperate column for it makes setting the roster a pain. If a player has a game that day or not is very important info and you should be able to tell at a glance not have to hunt around to see it. It's not so bad for football since you only have to look for the occasional bye but it's gonna suck for baseball next year as well on Mon and Thurs.

Skin Blues wrote:Yup, it's very hard to tell who is playing each day. It really needs to have it's own dedicated column.

Drafted my hockey team last night so I now know what you mean. The movement of the opponent from its own column is a step backwards for the customer experience. :-t

I now also can't find the 'Swap inactive players' icon. :-t

Nor can I see a week's worth of opponents at a glance. That tab is gone. :-t That's probably related to the 'not in a separate column' issue. Unless I'm missing it. Please someone let me know if I am. I don't want to be unfairly critical of Yahoo.
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 pm

They also got rid of the row that shows a team's daily totals. So I can't see how many goals/assists my team has, or what my +/- is, I have to add it all up in my head. That can't be right. Is that how it is for football, too?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby suckerpuncher » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:34 am

Looks like the Start Active Player button is back for hockey.

And now we can also choose between a Night Game Theme (the old dark one) and a Day Game Theme (a new bright one). For both hokcey and football.
The new bright one still looks kinda ugly but it is an improvement over the depressing dark one.

Now please put the opponent for each player in an extra column so it's eeasier to see who has a game and who don't
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GRIN » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 am

GRIN wrote:Nor can I see a week's worth of opponents at a glance. That tab is gone. :-t That's probably related to the 'not in a separate column' issue. Unless I'm missing it. Please someone let me know if I am. I don't want to be unfairly critical of Yahoo.

A Schedule tab appeared on the My Team page. This replaces the Opponents tab in the old user interface. ;-D
So that can be used to solve the 'daily opponent in a new column' issue rather than relying on the opponent data under the players name ;-D
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers