Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby TheTrith » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

On both the football Player Listing page and the Transaction Trends page, bye weeks are nowhere to be found.
Bye week is one of the most important pieces of information to have when adding a player, and there is no reason not to have it displayed prominently on every page where a player can be added.

2) When you are on the main league page you must hover over the "Team" link to activate the drop down menu which displays:
    Roster
    Player Updates
    Watch List
    Team Log
    Edit team Info
However when you are actually on your own tam page, thoe link to edit team info is completely absent. Hovering over the "Team" link does nothing from there.
Which means from a touch screen mobile device, you simply cannot access the page to edit team info AT ALL. Big problem.

3) When playing in multiple leagues, it would be awesome if your team name (or at least the **league name!) was displayed on all the pages. Most people have multiple teams and multiple tabs open at once, so when you get to the player listing page for example, you have no idea which league you are in.
** would be great if yahoo allowed every owner to customize the league name for his own view. when playing in multiple pay leagues its impossible to tell which league "Yahoo 1234567" actually is
and then display the league on ALL pages - player listings, transaction trends, etc.

So the Edit Team Info link here:

is NOT available here:

These are all things that are totally obvious and should have been included in the initial release, butbarring that should have been noticed + corrected long before the season started.
Last edited by TheTrith on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 283)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:43 pm

J35J wrote:
West wrote: I look at the format and see a failure from top to bottom. It's busy, it's confusing, you cannot find useful information quickly. I am not going into detail about what is wrong because the very CORE of the format is wrong. You cannot fix it without revamping it and simplifying it.

100% agree.

Yep. It would be really hard to salvage the new format, unfortunately.

Using more border/grid lines would stop everything from looking like giant, badly formatted blobs of text. The space is used very poorly, being jammed with large and useless information/graphics. I shouldn't need to scroll down to the bottom of every page to get to the useful information.

And I'm sure there are thousands of places where people are complaining about the football layout, but as a hockey fan I came across this thread today which might be of interest to Guy Smiley to pass along. It's pretty much the same reaction as here. 17 people posted to complain, and 1 person was neutral, essentially saying "change happens, deal with it".

Awful!!!!! ... I am not impressed at all ... any way to change how the Yahoo pages look or are we stuck ... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... Too much colour! ... Its terrible, hard to read, just brutal!!! ... Takes longer to load and is twice as ugly ... this B.S. change by yahoo that does absolutely NO GOOD to anyone trying to navigate for scores, stats, and even articles ... Terrible, these guys don't get it ! ... I lost all my notes in the memo after the update ... initial league layout looks terrible as well ... Looks awful. Why did they have to go mess with a simple and clean design ... Brutal ... Yahoo just keeps piling on the things that I don't like about it. ESPN is superior to Yahoo is almost every facet ... they do appear to be open to feedback, so go and add your complaints and ideas to improve the new look and feel ... I want to leave a league before draft tomorrow and I can't figure out how with new format

You get the idea...
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 am

TheTrith wrote:On both the football Player Listing page and the Transaction Trends page, bye weeks are nowhere to be found.
Bye week is one of the most important pieces of information to have when adding a player, and there is no reason not to have it displayed prominently on every page where a player can be added.

Five pages back.... ;-D

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
ayebatter wrote:On to football :-P nowhere on my team page does it list the players bye weeks (at least I can't find it).

Click on the Opponents tab; that is where the Bye week has always been available on the team page. It is an interesting question whether it deserves to be elevated so that it is always visible on the page; only so much real estate on that page, and lots of things the space could be used for.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1275)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:41 am

Well, he was asking about different pages; the Players page and the Transaction Trends page under Research. And he makes an interesting point that while it is unclear whether Bye Week is a first class citizen on your Team page, it is easier to believe that it might be on the pages he mentions, since they are largely used for adding players. The Transaction Trends page in particular just doesn't have much information on it, but some of the information it has could be really deceptive in the absence of Bye Week. A guy is getting dropped a ton, but it might just be because he's on a Bye. I still don't think it is a slam dunk that it belongs on those pages, but as a user I'd definitely prefer it on Transaction Trends and possibly on the Players page (where it can be found by changing the Stats dropdown to Opponents).
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby BigMike88 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 am

Maybe I'm missing something but I've noticed when I'm on the My Team and Matchup pages in both Football and Hockey that nowhere does it tell me what league I'm looking at, it used to show it at the top left above the League tab. I know this is minor but it was helpful to me as I'm usually in a few leagues and I like to quickly flip through my teams just before the games start each day and sometimes a quick look to remember which league I'm looking at is needed.
BigMike88
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby collective » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Man I wish Edmundo Castellanos would get some playing time...
collective
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheTrith » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:59 am

Can someone please explain this...

In both my Yahoo Pro leagues, waivers have NOT yet cleared for the week, but most of the players are already FA's?
How can Starks be a FA, but Royal is on waivers?
Is this a glitch or is it always like this?

same league, Players Lisitng page:
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 283)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 am

That typically means that those players had one or more claims on them. The claims haven't been processed yet, but nobody can jump in and nab them as FA's.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Mortician » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 am

The darkening of the zeros on the stat areas of the page is a definite plus in helping to read and scan through stats in the new visual format. Very good improvement!
;-D
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby collective » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 am

collective wrote:Man I wish Edmundo Castellanos would get some playing time...

:shrug:
collective
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers