Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby ayebatter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

byfrcp wrote:
if you are not longer with yahoo, then you can no longer pass along any help we ask? does the new person or anyone at yahoo come to this forum?

Guy Smiley wrote:First, apologies for not posting to this thread sooner. Second, this specific thread has been shared with the right people and a number of the data issues cited are being worked on.

A couple of things to clarify: there is an editorial team that is different from the fantasy team. The players pages, article pages, box score pages etc. are controlled by that team. That said, we are passing this feedback to the team. We work alongside them and they are a great team. Expect this design to evolve and for it to account for many of the criticisms leveled here.

Again, I apologize for not being back to this thread sooner. I will be here more often.

This is our new guy..... Guy Smiley ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1300)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Yahoo COME ON!

1)You changed the "fantasy" link at the top right of the league page to take us to a completely useless sports News page. Used to give links to all of your teams on that page but someone decided it was a good idea to remove all team links. So now we cant access our teams from phone/touchscreen mobile devices, because drop down menus do not work on any Yahoo sites from a touchscreen.

C'mon Yahoo, really dropping the ball on things that should be completely obvious.
Im really disappointed that I spent money on 2 Pro leagues

2) Also, now the message board never works. it was barely functional to begin with, but now it just always says 'no new messages' even after you post something. whats going on there?
we need the message board to communicate, especially in the Yahoo pay leagues where nobody knows anyone else in real life, and thus we have no way to contact other owners
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 286)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 am

TheTrith wrote:Yahoo COME ON!

1)You changed the "fantasy" link at the top right of the league page to take us to a completely useless sports News page. Used to give links to all of your teams on that page but someone decided it was a good idea to remove all team links. So now we cant access our teams from phone/touchscreen mobile devices, because drop down menus do not work on any Yahoo sites from a touchscreen.

I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby GRIN » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.

Me too. I still see all my teams on the right. ;-D
My message board is fine as well.
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

GRIN wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.

Me too. I still see all my teams on the right. ;-D
My message board is fine as well.

same and same ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby TheTrith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

Have you used it from a phone? because it still isnt working for me.
FWIW I've tried it on my phone, my wife's phone, and my brothers phone and I have the same problem on all of them.
It takes me to this:
and I can just scroll down indefinitely through useless headlines.

I think you may be referring to a different "fantasy" link than I am.
The one I'm talking about is what I circled in red:
It used to take me to a general fantasy sports page, with all my teams and leagues for all sports listed on the right hand side. Now it takes me to first screenshot I posted above. Same thing happens on all my baseball pages as well.

On a desktop it works fine because you hover the mouse over the link and you get the dropdown menu. On a touchscreen Yahoo's drop down links dont function properly. Also on a desktop clicking on the fantasy link *does* take you to a page that show those headlines, and then the all my teams to the far right. As you can see, that is not the case on a mobile device anymore.
Last edited by TheTrith on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheTrith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Regarding the message board:
This problem is occurring on both the desktop and mobile.
Even though there are actually several recent messages that have been posted, (one of them posted by me last night),
it shows this:

Sometimes I can click on "view all messages" and they will show up. usually not. and once every dozen or so times I load the page the messages will actually show up on the league page.
see the problem?
Im not just making this stuff up.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jackie hayes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I've seen the same thing with message boards, but it's on and off. (Not just with the redesign, but for the last month+ or so.) Sometimes it shows, sometimes not.

Edit: (Also, and I know noone cares about baseball at this point, esp with the first NFL games coming up, but I have to say -- Jacoby Ellsbury should be off the can't cut list by now. It's not a tough call.)
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 am

What a shocker, something else is wrong with Yahoo's site.
Final weekend of the regular fantasy season, with the playoff spots being determined, and the Matchup page is not updating. Sure would be great if we could tell what the actual scores of our matchups are so that we can adjust our lineups accordingly for Sunday's games.
How can Yahoo allow this to happen at such a critical time?

The chaos surrounding Yahoo Fantasy Sports these past few weeks is utterly ridiculous.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guy Smiley » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Trith,

Thanks for the feedback.

On baseball match-ups, there was a bug last night but you could always go to StatTracker and get the live scores. It was fixed last night (around 11:15 pm PT). Final scoring was never in jeopardy as final scoring jobs are run separately from the live data you see when you refresh your match-up screen.

On mobile web experience, that is not good and we will be getting that fixed. You need to be able to get to your teams from the fantasy home page --Duh--

In the meantime, if you are trying to move between teams in the same game, tap Baseball '13 and go to the fantasy baseball game home page. If you are trying to move between games, obviously, that won't work. Sorry about that and look for a fix relatively soon.

re: messageboards. That's a weird one. Send me the league ids (not league names) where you see this and we will look into it.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers