Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 pm

TheTrith wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
TheTrith wrote:I tried to put a claim in for Brad Miller and ran into yet another issue:

In one of my leagues he is in the data base, but on waivers until July 1, which seems normal.
In another league however, he is not even listed. Run a search for his name and nothing is found.
Both leagues use the same setting "As soon as Yahoo! adds them".
Whats going on here?

Yes, its free, but Yahoo is really dropping the ball this year - especially in the past 3 weeks.
And they ARE making money off us with advertisng $$$ so it would great if they kept the game running smoothly. At least make it playable, which was not the case on several occasions recently.

Tried to respond to this a few days ago, but wasn't able to due to Cafe' technical difficulties, and now Miller's state has changed :-( Just in case I can still figure out what was going on, what is the league ID of the league where you were unable to find him?

This was in #15285
He finally showed up in that league and I was able to put a claim in for him late on June 30th and it processed the next morning (July 1).

For general info, this one had me particularly curious because players are not added to the game on a league-by-league basis. There are certain overarching things (like "As soon as Yahoo! adds them") that can make a player visible in one league and not another, but otherwise there just isn't anything in the code that would let one league see a player and not another.

Looking at that league, I don't see anything peculiar. It does say that he was added on June 29th. Otherwise it is going to be tough to debug after the fact, sadly. If you see something like this again, definitely speak up. Through customer care, and you can also post it here in case I happen to see it in time.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:05 am

You're right, I should have contacted Customer Care. I didnt just because its a league im not as invested in as the one in which Miller showed up.
It was pretty strange though. Usually when you start to type a name into the search field you get a drop down box with all the players who have those letters in their name. However even when I typed his full name he didnt show up, but all the other Millers did.

Now that I think about it, I suppose its entirely possible he was available in that league, but maybe there was just an issue with the search feature?
I didnt think to click through all the pages of the player data base manually.
TheTrith
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 214)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 am

lastingsgriller wrote:I think it is quite ridiculous that you can't make roster adjustments from the iPhone app. That is a problem that needs to be solved on the immediate.

? I do this every day. Can you clarify the issue?

Seemingly, you can make add/drops and DL moves, but can't move guys from the bench to the starting lineup and vice versa. Am I missing something?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 403)

Re: Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Bas

Postby garf112 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:I think it is quite ridiculous that you can't make roster adjustments from the iPhone app. That is a problem that needs to be solved on the immediate.

Seemingly, you can make add/drops and DL moves, but can't move guys from the bench to the starting lineup and vice versa. Am I missing something?

Are you hitting the yellow pencil icon in the top right? That allows you to make changes in your lineup. On my DROID it says swap, which I think makes more sense. The yellow pencil makes it look like you are writing a note.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby ramble2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 am

garf112 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:? I do this every day. Can you clarify the issue?

Are you hitting the yellow pencil icon in the top right? That allows you to make changes in your lineup. On my DROID it says swap, which I think makes more sense. The yellow pencil makes it look like you are writing a note.

I make lineup changes, including swapping bench and starting lineup players, on my iPhone on a pretty regular basis. Have you tried the little yellow pencil thing up top? That should bring up a swappable roster.

I like the iPod app. I'll sometimes even use it if I have my team page up on my computer. I like that I can quickly see any players' last 7, 14, and 30-day stats.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 66)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 am

Heh, pencil icon, eh? I had no idea. That's genie thread-1, Lastings-0.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 403)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 am

lastingsgriller wrote:

Yup. I do that all the time.

Open the app
Click View Roster for the team in question
Click the yellow pencil in the upper right corner
Click on a player you'd like to move
It will present you with a list of options where you could put the player

If that doesn't work for you, let me know.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 91)

Postby garf112 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Heh, pencil icon, eh? I had no idea. That's genie thread-1, Lastings-0.

You should just blame it on Rickie Weeks. I'm sure he did something to make you not be able to see the icon. That jerk.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby JCD » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

@ FS Genie
Can't make any adds, or activate player without dropping Michael Pineda, who's been transferred by Yahoo to N/A instead of staying on DL where he belongs.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 10)

Postby daullaz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:53 pm

JCD wrote:@ FS Genie
Can't make any adds, or activate player without dropping Michael Pineda, who's been transferred by Yahoo to N/A instead of staying on DL where he belongs.

He doesn't belong on DL because he's not on DL. /problemfixed
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers