Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby TheTrith » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Now I think I see the real issue thats causing the add/drop problem.
Yahoo isnt saving my roster changes.
When I move a player to the DL, it doesnt show up for tomorrows lineup. No matter what I do, the player keeps appearing on my bench for tomorrow rather than in a DL slot.

EDIT - had to manually move the player onto my DL for every day of the week, then I was able to get the claim to submit.
Weird.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 288)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Was wondering if adding a "pace" to the team page under stats would be possible, it could calculate everyone's current stats and multiply it by the % games their team completed. I'm thinking the "pace" link would go on the stats subbar here:

Today
Last 7 Days
Last 14 Days
Last 30 Days
2013 Season
2013 pace

Thanks for all you do Genie. ;-)
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby AdvRider » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm

AdvRider wrote:What they hey Yahoo. Every status and news report I can find on Monday morning says Aaron Hill is scheduled to come off the DL on Tuesday.

And yet Yahoo has him off the DL as today... well, sort of. My interface showed him on the DL. Then not on the DL. Then on the DL. Then not on the DL -- back and forth, changing occasionally upon page reload.

In any event, I'm trying to drop one player and add another, and Yahoo keeps telling me Hill is not on the DL.

This is one of several recent problems. Stats were not updated over the weekend. This morning, I find my games played at various positions and innings consumed at like +17, +19, +24 whereas they should be (and have been) around 0, -2, -3 and so forth. Like Hill's DL status, those numbers go back and forth upon page reload.

For a week now, half the time when I click on the yellow box next to a player's name with the red star or asterisk ... meant to indicate new info -- I get "No new player notes available."

Yahoo will no doubt blame its "data provider." That excuse is getting old. If you dined at a restaurant and got a spoiled steak, and the restaurant blamed the cattle rancher, would that make sense? C'mon Yahoo.

14 hours later and this problem has persisted all day. Yahoo shows Hill on the DL if I use "drop player," but not on DL if I try to add a player and drop another. Except if I reload, then he might ... or might not... be on the DL. Meanwhile MLB.com shows him on the DL until probably Tuesday, and Rotoworld has no news of Hill's activation from the DL.

Geez.......... :-X
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby daullaz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 am

FYI ...

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:A friendly reminder. I often try to remind people that I shouldn't be your first line of defense/support. My participation here is outside the scope of my normal job duties, so when things get busy my presence here can be spotty. If you have a problem, our customer care really should be your go-to move. And those guys are good; they aren't outsourced contractors reading scripts, many of them know the functionality of the product as well as the engineers do. I'm happy to help when I can if need be, but try them first.

I'm about to go on a two week vacation, something I haven't done in a very long time. So this is more important than usual. If you ask me an important question here on the Cafe' tomorrow, you'll be sad.

Not that Genie's beholden to run customer support on the Cafe with any technical problems in the first place, but he's definitely not going to fix a problem while on vacation, so while customer care should always be your first stop, it's definitely more crucial to use it for this problem first and foremost with Genie away.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby garf112 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 am

Genie, I've been meaning to ask, what is the meaning of life?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

I guess I shouldve asked this before I started posting, but is this thread only for questions/comments directed at the Yahoo Genie, or is it for all Yahoo fantasy baseball related problem solving discussion, to be answered/commented on by anyone here who has the knowledge?

I was under the impression that it was for the latter, but it appears I may have been incorrect.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wingman3110 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:06 pm

TheTrith wrote:I guess I shouldve asked this before I started posting, but is this thread only for questions/comments directed at the Yahoo Genie, or is it for all Yahoo fantasy baseball related problem solving discussion, to be answered/commented on by anyone here who has the knowledge?

I was under the impression that it was for the latter, but it appears I may have been incorrect.

If the Cafe has a solution/answer/help then you will most likely get a response. Otherwise Genie chimes in when he can.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:13 pm

The chaos that has ensued since the Genie went on vacation has done wonders for securing his job. Maybe Yahoo will start to put serious resources behind their fantasy sports product or else risk losing market share in the only industry where they're still relevant.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby TheTrith » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Some weird stuff going on with Yahoo lately:
This first one only applies to accessing the site form a mobile device. When attempting to propose or counter a trade, the little yellow bar pops up at various places on the page and cannot be removed.
It blocks whatever players/picks it happens to be in front of so that you can't click on them. Want to trade that 20th round pick?
TOO BAD!

And then this one is happening on both the phone and on a pc:
I was trying to move a player (Asdrubal) off my DL and into my lineup. None of today's games had started.
I had an open roster spot as it shows at the top.
TOO BAD!

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? These last couple weeks have been brutal on Yahoo.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:06 pm

This morning I tried to make a move in one of my leagues - move someone Yahoo had marked as on the DL (Melky) to the DL and pick up a FA, got a message back that said player was now off the DL (he wasn't) and nixed the move. Guess it was too late in my case also because when I went to the Sat. lineups I could make the move. I'm not freaked out by it 'cause a non-injured Melky could have gone 0-4 while my empty space could do no worse than 0-0. :-b
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers