Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 pm

if I was one of the owners not involved in the trade and the commissioner decided to ask whether anyone had a problem with reversing the trade, and I felt like the trade helped categories that would favour me, then absolutely I would have a problem with the trade being reversed.
I'm in this one private 12 team non keeper league where we play with basically the same 12 every season. at the beginning of the season the commissioner posts a note that there will be no canceling trades if one owner says oops I didn't mean to accept that.

I want to see if this is something that is possible. you can see your own up the date statistics through the day/night. you can also see other owners up to date statistics through the day/night by clicking on each specific owner. could there be a way through yahoo to see everyone's up to date statistics all on the same page? I don't think you would be able to see each players statistics, but you could have.. "ownerX" - #R #HR #RBI #AVG #SB #W #SV #K #ERA #WHIP.
sometimes I find myself checking other owners who have a category close to mine to see how they are doing. everyone's numbers on the same page would be great.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:17 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I want to see if this is something that is possible. you can see your own up the date statistics through the day/night. you can also see other owners up to date statistics through the day/night by clicking on each specific owner. could there be a way through yahoo to see everyone's up to date statistics all on the same page? I don't think you would be able to see each players statistics, but you could have.. "ownerX" - #R #HR #RBI #AVG #SB #W #SV #K #ERA #WHIP.
sometimes I find myself checking other owners who have a category close to mine to see how they are doing. everyone's numbers on the same page would be great.

You're referring to roto leagues I think, but for H2H leagues it helps me see how I'm doing in comparison to other owners each week - I.e., if I have 12 HRs, but I'm losing to a guy with 15, but everyone else in the league has fewer than 10, it's good to know this stat category loss is an outlier. For H2H leagues you can still use this Greasemonkey script to get them all on the same page:

(one of the few scripts that still work)
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 271)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Not fun when Saturday stats are all zeros heading into lineup settings on Sunday... I know they will catch up at some point, but I had to manually figure out all the category updates just to know whether to start certain guys today. Anyone else having that problem?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:Not fun when Saturday stats are all zeros heading into lineup settings on Sunday... I know they will catch up at some point, but I had to manually figure out all the category updates just to know whether to start certain guys today. Anyone else having that problem?

Waivers from the 23rd in 'scummers' just got updated an hour ago never did check the daily stats since it's a weekly league and didn't notice it in my other leagues.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1446)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 pm

In h2h leagues there are going to be a lot of people upset when they realize that the matchup page doesnt reflect any of saturdays stats and they sit/start there players according to faulty totals.
I dont remember ever seeing this happen where the stats are displayed correctly on the day in question but then disappear during the overnight update.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 314)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:05 pm

TheTrith wrote:In h2h leagues there are going to be a lot of people upset when they realize that the matchup page doesnt reflect any of saturdays stats and they sit/start there players according to faulty totals.
I dont remember ever seeing this happen where the stats are displayed correctly on the day in question but then disappear during the overnight update.

Even more confusing is that today's stats are being included in the matchup updates.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby isayfujobu » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Welp, lost a few categories today pitching a guy I didn't need to because I was panicking to make an IP limit I had already made. Thanks Yahoo!
isayfujobu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ayebatter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

isayfujobu wrote:Welp, lost a few categories today pitching a guy I didn't need to because I was panicking to make an IP limit I had already made. Thanks Yahoo!

Meh it's h2h it's all luck in any case. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1446)

Postby AdvRider » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 am

What they hey Yahoo. Every status and news report I can find on Monday morning says Aaron Hill is scheduled to come off the DL on Tuesday.

And yet Yahoo has him off the DL as today... well, sort of. My interface showed him on the DL. Then not on the DL. Then on the DL. Then not on the DL -- back and forth, changing occasionally upon page reload.

In any event, I'm trying to drop one player and add another, and Yahoo keeps telling me Hill is not on the DL.

This is one of several recent problems. Stats were not updated over the weekend. This morning, I find my games played at various positions and innings consumed at like +17, +19, +24 whereas they should be (and have been) around 0, -2, -3 and so forth. Like Hill's DL status, those numbers go back and forth upon page reload.

For a week now, half the time when I click on the yellow box next to a player's name with the red star or asterisk ... meant to indicate new info -- I get "No new player notes available."

Yahoo will no doubt blame its "data provider." That excuse is getting old. If you dined at a restaurant and got a spoiled steak, and the restaurant blamed the cattle rancher, would that make sense? C'mon Yahoo.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby TheTrith » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Anyone else having problems adding players?
Im trying to make a waiver claim on a pitcher who was dropped today.
I selected the player I want to drop (who is on my bench), but when i click submit I get
There was a problem

This move will put you 1 over max roster size. (Error #175)

How is that?
Im at 25 players right now, and if I drop a player, then add a player, thats still 25 right?
Something weird going on with Yahoo lately.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 314)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers