Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby ayebatter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:56 am

Thank you Genie ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:43 pm

ayebatter wrote:I have a 22 yr old kid....

Pssh, yeah right. He'd clearly be your grandson at that age.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:50 pm

J35J wrote:

I clearly still have it ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

Postby J35J » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 pm

ayebatter wrote:
J35J wrote:

I clearly still have it ;-D

;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby ramble2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Genie, I have a request/wish list item. On the "Players" page it would be great if there was a slightly more powerful sorting option.

For example, right now I've done a search on the players page, selecting "All Available Players" (status), "All Pitchers" (position) and "Last 30 Days (Total)" (stats). I can then sort by rank, which is hugely helpful, but it'd be even better if I could add a filter. Something like, "Show pitchers with greater than 30 IP", or "Show pitchers with greater than 25 K", or "show pitchers with lower than 2.00 ERA." You get the idea.

I could imagine this as a fourth drop down menu listed with "Status," "Position," and "Stats". It could be labeled "Sort" or "Filter" and the default would be "No Filter." It could be based on the existing stat columns, and could include hard numbers like I've listed, or something more dynamic, e.g., "Show pitchers with greater than average K" or "Show batters with top 10% SB." Or maybe, someday, K/9 (sorry, that's another wish list item).

Apologies if this has already been addressed (and I'd love to see a link to any such posts). Depending on how the existing filtering system works, I suspect it wouldn't be too much to implement. (Though it's easy for those of us on the outside to imagine all of our desired changes are easy to make happen!)

As an aside, anyone who complains about Yahoo's lack of responsiveness to user interest in a thread exemplifying responsiveness to user interest is, to be kind, misguided.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm

ramble2 wrote:

For example, right now I've done a search on the players page, selecting "All Available Players" (status), "All Pitchers" (position) and "Last 30 Days (Total)" (stats). I can then sort by rank, which is hugely helpful, but it'd be even better if I could add a filter. Something like, "Show pitchers with greater than 30 IP", or "Show pitchers with greater than 25 K", or "show pitchers with lower than 2.00 ERA."

All you need to do to get pitchers with innings is select the innings column, or Ks just select the K column etc... the system will list them in order of most to least or if you hit it again it will sort least to most. You will be limited to the stats that your league is using but it will show h/ab and innings even if they are not being used as part of your scoring system. Now if you want more options that's another story.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

Postby ramble2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:05 am

ayebatter wrote:
ramble2 wrote:

For example, right now I've done a search on the players page, selecting "All Available Players" (status), "All Pitchers" (position) and "Last 30 Days (Total)" (stats). I can then sort by rank, which is hugely helpful, but it'd be even better if I could add a filter. Something like, "Show pitchers with greater than 30 IP", or "Show pitchers with greater than 25 K", or "show pitchers with lower than 2.00 ERA."

All you need to do to get pitchers with innings is select the innings column, or Ks just select the K column etc... the system will list them in order of most to least or if you hit it again it will sort least to most. You will be limited to the stats that your league is using but it will show h/ab and innings even if they are not being used as part of your scoring system. Now if you want more options that's another story.

It's the more options I want. I want to be able to keep them sorted by "Rank" and then filter out those players with, say, less than 30 IP, or fewer than 7 HRs, etc.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:50 pm

A friendly reminder. I often try to remind people that I shouldn't be your first line of defense/support. My participation here is outside the scope of my normal job duties, so when things get busy my presence here can be spotty. If you have a problem, our customer care really should be your go-to move. And those guys are good; they aren't outsourced contractors reading scripts, many of them know the functionality of the product as well as the engineers do. I'm happy to help when I can if need be, but try them first.

I'm about to go on a two week vacation, something I haven't done in a very long time. So this is more important than usual. If you ask me an important question here on the Cafe' tomorrow, you'll be sad.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Dennismenis3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 pm

As always Genie, thank you for giving us a way to communicate directly. Everybody should appreciate the time you spend here. I hope you have a great (and of course well deserved) time away. ;-D
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:A friendly reminder. I often try to remind people that I shouldn't be your first line of defense/support. My participation here is outside the scope of my normal job duties, so when things get busy my presence here can be spotty. If you have a problem, our customer care really should be your go-to move. And those guys are good; they aren't outsourced contractors reading scripts, many of them know the functionality of the product as well as the engineers do. I'm happy to help when I can if need be, but try them first.

I'm about to go on a two week vacation, something I haven't done in a very long time. So this is more important than usual. If you ask me an important question here on the Cafe' tomorrow, you'll be sad.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN AND WHY CANT U JUST MAKE ONE SIMPLE CHANGE TO ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR CUSTOMER FANBASE HAPPY!!!! YOU GUYS ARE LIKE FACEBOOK FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD WHICH IS THE SECOND BIGGEST SITE ON THE INTERNETS NEXT TO GOOGLE. WATCH LIST BRO, IT'S A SIMPLE CODE!!!! PROSPECTZ?! WHERE IS THEY?1?!?!?!?!?! SHEEZ LOUISE GET IT TOGETHER YA BUNCHA YAHOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!~!~!~!~!

Enjoy your vacation, Genie. Don't let your fantasy teams fall to crap while you're away. That's a rookie move. ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers