Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I would like to see yahoo doing something about games that get PPD after start time. tonight the Washington/New York Mets game was suspended. now those players are locked into a starting spot. if a game gets PPD, those players should be able to become unlocked and subbed out for another player.

This has been addressed and answered by Genie on at least one occasion, maybe in this very thread. Long story short it doesn't appear to be changing.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby posty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 am

bigh0rt wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:I would like to see yahoo doing something about games that get PPD after start time. tonight the Washington/New York Mets game was suspended. now those players are locked into a starting spot. if a game gets PPD, those players should be able to become unlocked and subbed out for another player.

This has been addressed and answered by Genie on at least one occasion, maybe in this very thread. Long story short it doesn't appear to be changing.

Of course not, that would mean that they would be doing something that the users would like...
Softball Supervisor

Postby GRIN » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 am

posty wrote:Of course not, that would mean that they would be doing something that the users would like...

Wow :-t
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am

posty wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Of course not, that would mean that they would be doing something that the users would like...

Instead they put a gun to your head and force you to use their free service, without providing any outlet at all for there to be two-way communication between our very exclusive sect of enthusiasts here at this site and the company itself, unlike all of the other fantasy providers who are basically banging down the door at the Cafe dying to hear what we would like to have included in our game, inviting us to their headquarters to express our views in person... Oh... wait...

But please, do go on. Watching people ignorantly spout nonsense is a favorite past time of mine.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby posty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
posty wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This has been addressed and answered by Genie on at least one occasion, maybe in this very thread. Long story short it doesn't appear to be changing.

Instead they put a gun to your head and force you to use their free service, without providing any outlet at all for there to be two-way communication between our very exclusive sect of enthusiasts here at this site and the company itself, unlike all of the other fantasy providers who are basically banging down the door at the Cafe dying to hear what we would like to have included in our game, inviting us to their headquarters to express our views in person... Oh... wait...

But please, do go on. Watching people ignorantly spout nonsense is a favorite past time of mine.

LOL @ nonsense...

I love the Yahoo game, but there have been many suggestions to make it better that have been made by many users, but alas at times the developers make decisions like they work at Facebook...
Softball Supervisor

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:23 pm

There are things to complain about with Yahoo (just like every service; you can't please everybody) but being on the ball with user requests is mos def not one of them.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby posty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Skin Blues wrote:There are things to complain about with Yahoo (just like every service; you can't please everybody) but being on the ball with user requests is mos def not one of them.

Even though the original post mentions "wish lists" and features that we wish they had but don't?

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Hey... so as we start to get ready to work on our 2013 baseball game, I figured I'd at least ask: what is on the top of your wish lists for this season? Are there still features you really wish we (Yahoo!) had that we don't? Bugs that really drive you crazy? Pages you wish were different/better/faster?
Softball Supervisor

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Having a wish list is fine. Saying this:

posty wrote:Of course not, that would mean that they would be doing something that the users would like...

is ridiculous. They go above and beyond to do things that the users would like, even things that only pertain to niche users that might comprise 0.1% of their traffic. As was just mentioned, they also sent open invitations to Cafe members to come for lunch and discuss their service at headquarters.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Also, Fantasy Sports Genie has taken time out to listen to our suggestions. He made an entire thread dedicated to it, and has put a great deal of time listening and responding to our posts regarding Yahoo fantasy baseball. There's 55 pages to this thread, you know how many times Genie has responded to a question or suggestion that someone has made? I guarantee you a lot, and he has taken the time to listen, which is more than enough in my book. Genie wants to improve Yahoo fantasy baseball, and is willing to listen to a countless number of suggestions.

Genie did not have to do all of this. But he wants to improve fantasy baseball at Yahoo, which shows how much he cares about the success of Yahoo fantasy, and how much he cares about the people who use Yahoo as their fantasy baseball site.

For that, Fantasy Sports Genie, I would like to thank you for the time you have put in. It is quite obvious how much you would like to improve Yahoo fantasy baseball. Always wanting to improve something is key to success, and I thank you for making this thread and taking our suggestions, and sometimes even dealing with nasty responses. I really appreciate and respect the time you have put into this.
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby bayside » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Really?
how many times are you going to bring this up?
Genie has addressed this exact topic many many times. In fact you have been in the middle of most (or all) of those conversations, so its obvious that you already know how this situation stands.
Please stop.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers