Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I never like to dismiss customer concerns, and I feel your pain, but some of what you are describing just isn't how things work. Here is what I can tell you:
- The draft app doesn't know, and I really don't know how it would ever know, if you are on a wireless connection. All it knows is that it has a connection open to the draft server, and if that connection gets interrupted, you get disconnected. Most things you'd do over your wireless network don't need a persistent connection; the draft does. So it is very much tied to the reliability of a wireless network, and not just the fact that it is wireless.
- If it appears to people in your league that someone is autobidding/autopicking, they are. The only way a draft client ever shows you someone autobidding/autopicking is because the server says they did, and the server is the source of truth on this.
- The autopick behavior when disconnected is the same no matter what network you have. Either you are connected or you are not. The server has no idea what sort of network you have.
- 10 seconds is an important number for autopicking. If you are not connected, you will automatically pick after 10 seconds, automatically nominate after 10 seconds, and I believe automatically bid after 10 seconds. The one exception is if *nobody* is connected. If your draft is empty, then autopicks happen every second.
All that being said... - The commish has access to pause and undo pick to help with untimely disconnects somewhat, but there are limits on how many times he can pause (and he must pause to undo picks)
- I noticed a comment in the code suggesting that the time we'd wait used to be more in earlier rounds, and less in later rounds, but at some point it was decided we should always do 10 seconds. I kinda like the old behavior better. Might be worth revisiting.
- The idea of letting your clock run out fully once is sort of interesting. I know people get very irritated if they have to sit there and watch missing people run the clock, but this might be an interesting compromise. I'd have to think about it.
Thank you very much for addressing my concern. I guess we agree. The only simple step to take would be allowing each drafter to time out once before the auto-behavior engages. I'd vote for it, but I know it isn't necessarily as simple as that. As far as it being annoying to the rest of the drafters, it isn't so bad if it only happens once and then autopick engages.
Hey Genie, I am having an issue in 2 of my leagues. I am looking at Stattracker for league #44466 and it is showing Shelby Miller and Cingranni as batters on the bench instead of pitchers. For league #90969 it is happening for Iwakuma, Lynn, Medlen, Corbin, and Miller. My other league is showing these pitchers properly #107058. I closed it out and opened it from their own league's pages but that didn't seem to make any difference. Very strange. I use the most updated version of Firefox, running on Vista on my desktop.
Windows 8 laptop with Firefox, same results. Tried launching from desktop using IE instead of Firefox, no difference. I think this has happened before, but was fixed the next day. Thanks for giving us a place to turn to!
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?
I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...
posty wrote:I know this was mentioned before, but it would be cool to be able to look for players just on the DL or listed as NA...
there is a way to look for players just on the DL. PLAYERS, MLB Roster Changes, Disabled List. that lists players that have come off and gone on the DL.
I have a suggestion for yahoo. when you send an email to managers from Email League, the email goes to whatever email service you use. could it be possible to have it where when you send/get an email, it comes to an email box on your fantasy baseball page? I think that would be easier than going to whatever email service you use to get/check email.
SpecialFNK, that is not necessary. You have to have a Yahoo screen name to sign up for a Yahoo league. When you sign in each day to check your team or set your lineup, it tells you if you have mail to your Yahoo screen name/mail acct. Any time you are logged in, you will be notified.
Dennismenis3 wrote:SpecialFNK, that is not necessary. You have to have a Yahoo screen name to sign up for a Yahoo league. When you sign in each day to check your team or set your lineup, it tells you if you have mail to your Yahoo screen name/mail acct. Any time you are logged in, you will be notified.
my email for my yahoo fantasy baseball is my gmail. I usually have another tab open on firefox for just my email, so I don't have to go and check every so often if I have a trade proposed. but sometimes if I send an email to someone through yahoo fantasy baseball, I don't know if they have checked and got it. I know in my private league when a manager is active, but that doesn't mean they will have went to check their email if they have their email at another non yahoo service.
SpecialFNK wrote:there is a way to look for players just on the DL. PLAYERS, MLB Roster Changes, Disabled List. that lists players that have come off and gone on the DL.
I would rather have a list of players that are currently on the DL with stats available... If they can do that for probables, it shouldn't be difficult to do that for DL and NA players... The other list is unusable IMO...