Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

bayside wrote:this is something that Ender just reminded me of in another thread:

can one of the options for pitching categories be "Saves + Holds"?
it would be great for leagues that want to place more value on middle relievers but that dont want to add an entire extra category (holds) and create imbalance between pitching/hitting stats.

It also better rewards owners who have the most talented RP's, rather than the owners who simply have the most (often times) crappy closers.

S+H and S+H-BS(Blown Saves) would be great.

I thought I might have seen S+H last year when setting up one league (that wouldnt use it but glanced at all categories). A league I run that might move back to Yahoo, I have bene looking at more ways to get more RPs involved without just adding Holds.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah I would absolutely love S+H too. Our league always wants to try to make RP more valuable but we don't want to add a 2nd RP only stat so this one would be perfect.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bixo9 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

1. Allow managers to update their weekly H2H roster later than the current Pacific Coast midnight deadline. My league really complains about this one.
2. A RP-only roster spot. People are able to start SP in RP spots, because some pitchers are eligible for both positions. Not fair for “real” RPs.
3. A list of all upcoming pitchers with 2 starts.
4. Indicate starting pitchers beyond the current 4 day forecast.
5. The ability to send an alert (iPhone) and/or email about any league transactions as they are triggered. And a daily summary for players on your roster and watch list.

Context: Weekly H2H Points League.
Totally surprised by this post, but hopefully this is legit. I've been sending feedback to YFSPORTS.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby J35J » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:08 pm

bixo9 wrote:3. A list of all upcoming pitchers with 2 starts.
4. Indicate starting pitchers beyond the current 4 day forecast.

I do not understand why people want all the information in one spot. To me the only thing this does is make it easier for the less informed owner or someone that doesn't want to do their own homework. I think it's GOOD to have some things(actually a lot of things) not so easily available...it's actually what separates good/informed/studied fantasy players from the run of the mill, who cares, I'm just playing to play owners. When all this stuff is so easily available and right there for anyone to see without doing their own homework it makes it difficult to separate yourself from everyone else....just my opinion.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Oh God yes, that reminds me. The ability to pick up a player on a Tuesday and use him on that same Tuesday. ESPN lets you use any player whose team's game hasn't started yet, but I'd even settle for before first pitch of the earliest game, or even a set deadline like noon EST or Pacific or whatever. If I have a start limit, and it's Sunday, and my pitcher gets scratched, I want to be able to try and grab somebody for a start, if I want, and so forth.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Ender » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

J35J wrote:
I do not understand why people want all the information in one spot. To me the only thing this does is make it easier for the less informed owner or someone that doesn't want to do their own homework. I think it's GOOD to have some things(actually a lot of things) not so easily available...it's actually what separates good/informed/studied fantasy players from the run of the mill, who cares, I'm just playing to play owners. When all this stuff is so easily available and right there for anyone to see without doing their own homework it makes it difficult to separate yourself from everyone else....just my opinion.

It is personal preference. I want to win my league because I have better baseball instincts and I understand the game better, not because I know where to find the important stats. Centralize as much of the information as you can and make winning the league about using that information better than your opponent, not by having better information in the first place.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GRIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Ender wrote:
J35J wrote:

It is personal preference. I want to win my league because I have better baseball instincts and I understand the game better, not because I know where to find the important stats. Centralize as much of the information as you can and make winning the league about using that information better than your opponent, not by having better information in the first place.

Awesome discussion. Great points from both perspectives.
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Bwanna » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:18 am

Ender wrote:
J35J wrote:

Used to agree with JJ - got super-irritated when Yahoo starting posting news stories about prospects I'd known which I already knew plenty about - but that train has come and gone. There's so much information out there, and so much competition between fantasy news writers that it's hard to play in a competitive (fun) league and and not have everyone know most of the important info. It comes down to analyzing the metadata and making decisions that are sometimes the opposite of the sheep that read the Yahoo 'expert' blogs.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 243)

Postby Izenhart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

I don't want to hijack this thread, as it's meant for Genie, but IMO it doesn't matter what info is being given to your opponents - as long as you know what they have access to, you know what they don't. There's always an advantage to be had somewhere. If you pay close enough attention, you find the players that slip through the noisy cracks. Those who jumped on Dickey or Medlen before they got hyped were the ones paying attention and ultimately did very well.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby EvSolo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 am

Great thread.

A few seasons ago (2 or 3 maybe), there where instant highlight video clips next to the player names after events. For example if Fielder hit a homerun there was a videop clip icon next to the name and it showed the replay. I LOVED THIS and was very upset when it disappeared. This feature needs to come back, my league mates absolutely loved it as well
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers