Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA

So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...

If I were Genie I'd make it so that this was implemented in every league except any one you sign up for ever again. Unthankful pain in the rear. :-t
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 372)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Bwanna wrote:
posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA

So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...

Statements like this ^ never cease to piss me off.

Please stop assuming you know what is involved in changing the implementation of a feature, when you know nothing about the internals of the current implementation, nor do you know the all the factors that determine decisions about the implementation.

Make the request politely, make a case for the request, and thank the provider for providing a pretty freakin' good implementation of a free service.

I have asked it politely for at least three years and many times in this thread, but never even got one comment from anyone...

Of course I don't know the factors involved, but at least it got someone's attention this time, though not from the game developers...
Softball Supervisor

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
posty wrote:

Any chance?

TIA

If I were Genie I'd make it so that this was implemented in every league except any one you sign up for ever again. Unthankful pain in the rear. :-t

And I said before, I have asked this many times in the past three years and some times in this thread and never a response from the powers that be...
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

posty wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
posty wrote:

And I said before, I have asked this many times in the past three years and some times in this thread and never a response from the powers that be...

Nor are you really entitled to one. The difference between Y! and the other fantasy providers is that we actually have one here who does provide some insight and ask our opinions, and implement some change. Hell I don't even play Y! anymore, for several years now, but still, I've never seen any employee of any provider I've ever played on be as open, honest, cooperative, concerned, and caring of this community (or any community's) opinion or thoughts on their game. He's not Tech Support.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 372)

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 3:12 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
posty wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:If I were Genie I'd make it so that this was implemented in every league except any one you sign up for ever again. Unthankful pain in the rear. :-t

Nor are you really entitled to one. The difference between Y! and the other fantasy providers is that we actually have one here who does provide some insight and ask our opinions, and implement some change. Hell I don't even play Y! anymore, for several years now, but still, I've never seen any employee of any provider I've ever played on be as open, honest, cooperative, concerned, and caring of this community (or any community's) opinion or thoughts on their game. He's not Tech Support.

All I was wanting was an acknowledgement that it was seen... Spending a couple of seconds to say that the proper people see something would be better than people feeling like they need to bump something so it doesn't get lost...

A simple reply in the past and we would not be having this conversation...
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 06, 2013 5:46 pm

I would also like to see the number of players allowed on a watch list to be increased. I find myself once or twice a week editing my watch list to take some players off in order to add other players.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Thracken » Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 am

I'd like to be able to go back and have the option for classic roster editing again. Instead of the drag and drop. It's been real buggy for me this year, where it will act like my roster is locked even tho it isn't and i have to refresh the page like 5 times to get it to behave properly.
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Brainstorm » Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Thracken wrote:I'd like to be able to go back and have the option for classic roster editing again. Instead of the drag and drop. It's been real buggy for me this year, where it will act like my roster is locked even tho it isn't and i have to refresh the page like 5 times to get it to behave properly.

You already have this option... right under the submit button at the bottom of your lineup is the option to switch between classic and drag and drop.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 252)

Postby posty » Thu May 09, 2013 9:42 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I would also like to see the number of players allowed on a watch list to be increased. I find myself once or twice a week editing my watch list to take some players off in order to add other players.

Good to see that I am not the only one...
Softball Supervisor

Postby posty » Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 am

I know this was mentioned before, but it would be cool to be able to look for players just on the DL or listed as NA...
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers