Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby silentjim » Fri May 03, 2013 1:57 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
posty wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:how is Andrew Brown not in the yahoo player list? he played 46 games last year with Colorado and 11 games the year before with St.Louis.

Because he wasn't on any 40-man roster...

neither is Carlos Lee. neither was Valverde at the time. same with Bobby Abreu, Jim Thome, Scott Rolen, and others.
they're all there.
last I knew any player who played in the majors the season before meant he would be available the following season.

Things like that are annoying for sure. I had Nikola Mirotic in a Dynasty basketball league and last season he was in the database and this season he wasn't. Removing a player barring an outright retirement, and even that that's up for discussion, seems counter intuitive.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Maybe it's just my league, but I noticed the other day that Adam Rosales is 2B,SS, and CI eligible in my league. When you check his position eligibility through Yahoo, he has E's for 2B, SS, CI, and MI. Something is clearly not right. Rosales doesn't have games started or played at 1B or 3B.

And it really brought up a secondary thought. Since CI and MI are separate columns can someone have 5 starts total between 1B and 3B, or 2B and SS and gain CI or MI without actually having played 5 starts or 10 times at each position. I always assumed no, but then I was thinking maybe this was an issue. Ramiro Pena for example has only MI eligibility but needs 3 more starts at 2B and 1 more at SS to be eligible there. Does that mean his 6 total starts at MI gave him the eligibility?
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm

When searching the available player pool, is there a way that a filter could be added for only DL guys or only NA guys? It would be very useful!
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.

So that I can see if maybe I forgot about someone who is worth stashing on my DL (guys like Ted Lilly up until recently, Adam Eaton, Colby Lewis, etc.). If I have a transaction I want to make, I can drop the guy I want, add the DL guy, throw him on my DL, and then add the player I wanted to add.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Okay, that makes perfect sense. There have been times when I have seen guys on DL who I have wanted on occasion, and that is the perfect time to pick them up when you are going to drop someone anyways. Drop useless player A to pick up player B, but grab player C who is on the DL to stash for later in between. I get it. ;-D
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Skin Blues » Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Dennismenis3 wrote:While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.

So that I can see if maybe I forgot about someone who is worth stashing on my DL (guys like Ted Lilly up until recently, Adam Eaton, Colby Lewis, etc.). If I have a transaction I want to make, I can drop the guy I want, add the DL guy, throw him on my DL, and then add the player I wanted to add.

I do this too, but usually only in April. By the time the Calendar turns to May I usually have about 5 guys that I drafted on the DL and have to drop the Luebke/Beachy type guys I was sitting on !+)
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby BravesGuy » Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am

I'm not sure if someone has already brought this up...

It would be nice to have a player's current season (or last 30 day) stats populate when you first click the button to start a trade proposal. Right now it defaults to the player's current DAY stats and I really dont think anyone is going to make a trade based off of one game.

Not a big deal, just something that would be nice to see.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am

posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA

So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bwanna » Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA

So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...

Statements like this ^ never cease to piss me off.

Please stop assuming you know what is involved in changing the implementation of a feature, when you know nothing about the internals of the current implementation, nor do you know the all the factors that determine decisions about the implementation.

Make the request politely, make a case for the request, and thank the provider for providing a pretty freakin' good implementation of a free service.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers