Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Ehlana » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 am

Is it just me or did that A's - Angels game end so late last night that it's double counting the stats as happening both yesterday and today?
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 am

Yea I'm getting double stats for Donaldson and loving it. But seriously, this will be corrected.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby Ehlana » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am

For the sake of those who started Josh Hamilton I sure hope so. heh.
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby bixo9 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

The "Rivalry Week" banner on the Overview page is there for non-rivalry weeks. Never goes away.

And, the "Schedule" tab on the Overview page does not indicate the rivalry weeks anymore. I think the weeks used to be highlighted in red. Seems like some debug script at the bottom "Is Rivalry = Rivalry Week".

PS

Bolding "Watch Live with StatTracker" bleeds into the bolded leader. Could that text be aligned right or not bolded?
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 29)

Postby clogoodie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm

OK, so my league is trying the continuous waivers this year, and we're definitely running into some complications adjusting to it after decades of the standard system.

I've already found one fix to make the system better for my league next year- changing the roster editing from daily-tomorrow to daily-today. Given that there's already a delay between when you submit a move and when the transaction process, I think this makes all kinds of sense. (Side question here, is this a setting customer care could change for my league this year, or is the current setting totally set in stone?)

But I've thought of something else that could be really useful, and that is the ability to change what time of day transactions process. Just some other option than midnight pacific time would be great. I'm assuming that allowing commissioners to specify custom times would prob be a nightmare for the back-end of the game system...but just one additional 'morning' (say 8 am pacific) option? That wouldn't be too crazy, would it?

This would allow both night owl managers and early bird managers the opportunity to make bids and initiate transactions having seen the full results from the previous day's games. The current midnight pacific setting clearly favors the night owls, and forces the early birds to wait another day (if transactions process daily) or possibly even longer (if transactions process less regularly).
clogoodie
T-Ball Trainer

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:26 pm

clogoodie wrote:OK, so my league is trying the continuous waivers this year, and we're definitely running into some complications adjusting to it after decades of the standard system.

I've already found one fix to make the system better for my league next year- changing the roster editing from daily-tomorrow to daily-today. Given that there's already a delay between when you submit a move and when the transaction process, I think this makes all kinds of sense.

oh i like that. didn't even think about it. nice call.

clogoodie wrote:But I've thought of something else that could be really useful, and that is the ability to change what time of day transactions process. Just some other option than midnight pacific time would be great. I'm assuming that allowing commissioners to specify custom times would prob be a nightmare for the back-end of the game system...but just one additional 'morning' (say 8 am pacific) option? That wouldn't be too crazy, would it?
that might even take some stress off the back end. if i had to guess though, so few people would use this setting, that it wouldn't be worth while.

welcome to the cafe ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1155)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

how is Andrew Brown not in the yahoo player list? he played 46 games last year with Colorado and 11 games the year before with St.Louis.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 517)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I imagine yahoo will be fixed so that the numbers from the post poned KC/TB game wont count? for now they are still showing.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby posty » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

SpecialFNK wrote:how is Andrew Brown not in the yahoo player list? he played 46 games last year with Colorado and 11 games the year before with St.Louis.

Because he wasn't on any 40-man roster...
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

posty wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:how is Andrew Brown not in the yahoo player list? he played 46 games last year with Colorado and 11 games the year before with St.Louis.

Because he wasn't on any 40-man roster...

neither is Carlos Lee. neither was Valverde at the time. same with Bobby Abreu, Jim Thome, Scott Rolen, and others.
they're all there.
last I knew any player who played in the majors the season before meant he would be available the following season.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers