Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby converge241 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Thx for the info genie! ;-D
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Update: we've now fully identified the cause of the problem. We also identified how it snuck past the check we had in place to prevent this very thing from happening

We've tested our update and believed it to be sound, but just thought of a reeeeally subtle flaw that we want to correct before we run it. To let you know the kind of details that give us a headache, if we hadn't caught this subtle problem, it might have allowed pitcher stats to count for yesterday for players that switched leagues in leagues that are AL or NL only where the player should no longer be allowed to accumulate stats. Sigh. So that is being covered, and updates will start shortly.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:44 pm

And leagues should now be updated.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rjforlife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Mine's all good, thanks Genie.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby wax4ever » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks Genie for all your efforts.

So will the stats for the suspended cin/phi game run as normal?.. I believe it to be as a stat correction update at the end of the week?.. looking for that chapman win.. =)..

thanks..

mike
wax4ever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dennismenis3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:02 am

Just a minor glitch but...lately (past week or so) when I sign in to yahoo and hover over the red Fantasy button, 50% of the time it works correctly and displays all my fantasy leagues/teams. About 25% of the time it doesn't(it just shows a drop down menu without personalized leagues/teams) unless I click on Fantasy and go to that page then it shows them. The remaining 25% of the time it inexplicably shows some other person's leagues/teams(a different person's each time) and if I click on one of them I get the "you do not belong to this league" message.

Like I said, if I click on Fantasy then I get the proper listings. Just a strange quirk...I use the most updated version of Firefox mostly, but I think I have seen this happen to my wife when she uses Chrome also. It has happened on both my desktop with Vista and laptop with Windows 8. Not really a problem but just a repeatedly strange glitch...I don't know if anybody else has had this happen?
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

Dennismenis3 wrote:Just a minor glitch but...lately (past week or so) when I sign in to yahoo and hover over the red Fantasy button, 50% of the time it works correctly and displays all my fantasy leagues/teams. About 25% of the time it doesn't(it just shows a drop down menu without personalized leagues/teams) unless I click on Fantasy and go to that page then it shows them. The remaining 25% of the time it inexplicably shows some other person's leagues/teams(a different person's each time) and if I click on one of them I get the "you do not belong to this league" message.

Like I said, if I click on Fantasy then I get the proper listings. Just a strange quirk...I use the most updated version of Firefox mostly, but I think I have seen this happen to my wife when she uses Chrome also. It has happened on both my desktop with Vista and laptop with Windows 8. Not really a problem but just a repeatedly strange glitch...I don't know if anybody else has had this happen?

Well that isn't very good. Question: when it is wrong, are you on fantasysports.yahoo.com or sports.yahoo.com? Both have a fantasy dropdown menu.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dennismenis3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am

I have "sports.yahoo.com" bookmarked and I use that to bring the site up. I use a Norton Security Toolbar to store all my passwords, but I don't think that matters at all. The glitch does NOT give me access to anybody else's teams or pages or settings or anything, just shows their listing of fantasy teams. It's just an odd thing when it happens. Once it came up with a team or league called the White Mambas and I clicked on it and got a page that said "you are not a member of this league". It's strange, but not harmful and doesn't happen everyday so I haven't brought it up sooner. Also it does ALWAYS correct itself if I REFRESH page or click on the red FANTASY button.

My Yahoo! sign-in name is Dennismenis321 if that helps at all.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 am

this isn't for fantasy, but for the yahoo player profile for Anthony Rendon.
it has.. Draft: 2008 - 27th round by the Atlanta Braves.
he was drafted then, but went to college instead. he was then drafted 6th overall in 2011 draft.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59 am

Dennismenis3 wrote:I have "sports.yahoo.com" bookmarked and I use that to bring the site up. I use a Norton Security Toolbar to store all my passwords, but I don't think that matters at all. The glitch does NOT give me access to anybody else's teams or pages or settings or anything, just shows their listing of fantasy teams. It's just an odd thing when it happens. Once it came up with a team or league called the White Mambas and I clicked on it and got a page that said "you are not a member of this league". It's strange, but not harmful and doesn't happen everyday so I haven't brought it up sooner. Also it does ALWAYS correct itself if I REFRESH page or click on the red FANTASY button.

My Yahoo! sign-in name is Dennismenis321 if that helps at all.

That is helpful information, thanks. I'll follow up and see what I can find.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers