Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:In general, Yahoo! has been, at best, inconsistent with which prospects get into their database and which don't. Typically, it's the 'more hyped' players who make their way to availability, or those they feel are more likely to get called to the 25-man roster sooner.

Also, there are League Settings which can determine when players are added to your database, one of which I believe limits it until the player is either actually called up or even plays in their first MLB game.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Other prospects such as David Dahl and Javier Baez are also not available. I don't believe my league has that certain league setting that limits it to when the player is called up or plays in his first MLB game, since players like Kevin Gausman were there. I noticed that on ESPN leagues, Correa is available along with some other of the top prospects I was interested in. I just like the yahoo setup a little better than ESPN. Is there any possible way I could add these prospects, or do I need to wait until yahoo updates the availability of certain prospects? Is there a date in which they update their prospect system, or does it just happen out of the blue?

There's no way for you yourself to force them into the Yahoo database. You've just got to wait until Yahoo determines they're 'relevant' enough, I guess. I believe they typically add chunks of players in waves, although I don't know what rhyme or reason dictates whom and when. Based on what I read in this thread, etc. it's just periodically. Hopefully the Genie can weigh in and give more accurate information than this. Good luck.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 pm

saemick wrote:Genie, let me 1st start by saying you're awesome & a phenomenal asset to the cafe!

Now, onto some suggestions/ wish lists.

For the App:

• maybe I'm missing something, but I see you can add players to your "watch list", but can't seem to view my watch list anywhere on the app.

• please allow me to view other teams rosters other than just a week overview from the matchup page.

As for the site, I know it's been mentioned in the past, but is there any way to set up email alerts for all transactions (adds/drops)? I play 1 of my fantasy football leagues on CBS and that feature is one of the only reasons we've stayed with them. Would love to see Yahoo do that as well.

Cheers & thanks again Genie!

Fully agree on all these points! :) iPhone alerts for all transactions would be AWESOME!
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:In general, Yahoo! has been, at best, inconsistent with which prospects get into their database and which don't. Typically, it's the 'more hyped' players who make their way to availability, or those they feel are more likely to get called to the 25-man roster sooner.

Also, there are League Settings which can determine when players are added to your database, one of which I believe limits it until the player is either actually called up or even plays in their first MLB game.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Other prospects such as David Dahl and Javier Baez are also not available. I don't believe my league has that certain league setting that limits it to when the player is called up or plays in his first MLB game, since players like Kevin Gausman were there. I noticed that on ESPN leagues, Correa is available along with some other of the top prospects I was interested in. I just like the yahoo setup a little better than ESPN. Is there any possible way I could add these prospects, or do I need to wait until yahoo updates the availability of certain prospects? Is there a date in which they update their prospect system, or does it just happen out of the blue?

There's no way for you yourself to force them into the Yahoo database. You've just got to wait until Yahoo determines they're 'relevant' enough, I guess. I believe they typically add chunks of players in waves, although I don't know what rhyme or reason dictates whom and when. Based on what I read in this thread, etc. it's just periodically. Hopefully the Genie can weigh in and give more accurate information than this. Good luck.

Thanks for the help bigh0rt. I really appreciate the help as I wasn't able to find any helpful info on any other site.
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby bayside » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:17 pm

A week into the season and Stattracker still doesnt work.
Is it working for anyone else?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Hey Bayside, I have had pretty much no problem getting stattracker to work with the exception of a couple hours on one day. I use primarily the most recent version of Firefox.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bixo9 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:23 am

StatTracker loads on Chrome.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bayside » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

bixo9 wrote:StatTracker loads on Chrome.

I just updated and tried Chrome again. Still wont work for me.
Also updated Firefox to the latest version and that also is still not working.
StatTracker gets stuck at 80% for a couple minutes. Then it gets to 100% and appears to finish loading. However the only thing that ever shows up are the game scores at the left. Clicking on them does nothing, (does not bring up the live game channel and the main page just stays blank). And the scores dont update either.
And my teams are nowhere to be found.

I have no idea wtf is going on.
In one of my leagues the entire league is having this issue. In my other 2 leagues I know at least myself and 1 other person cannot get it to work, Have not verified anyone in any of my leagues that HAS got it work.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:47 pm

bayside wrote:

StatTracker gets stuck at 80% for a couple minutes. Then it gets to 100% and appears to finish loading. However the only thing that ever shows up are the game scores at the left. Clicking on them does nothing, (does not bring up the live game channel and the main page just stays blank). And the scores dont update either.

In one of my leagues the entire league is having this issue. In my other 2 leagues I know at least myself and 1 other person cannot get it to work, Have not verified anyone in any of my leagues that HAS got it work.

Can you give me the league ID where everyone is having a problem? It is probably something in particular about that league. Out of curiosity, does that league use one of the new stats this year?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby bayside » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:39 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
bayside wrote:

Can you give me the league ID where everyone is having a problem? It is probably something in particular about that league. Out of curiosity, does that league use one of the new stats this year?

ID# 15285 - everyone having problems in this league.
ID# 22995 - myself plus the other 2 people I have talked to having problems in this league.
ID# 16894 - have not heard back from anyone else in this league, but does not work for me

Yes, both of the first 2 leagues are using the new SV+HOLD stat.
Thanks for looking into this Genie!

EDIT:
I just got Stattracker to open from the bottom league (ID# 16894) which happens to be the only one of the 3 that does NOT use SV+HOLD.
also all the games are now finished for the day, in case that has anything to do with it.
however when I try to switch teams, or switch from "today" stats to "week" stats, or from batters to pitchers, it freezes up and becomes unresponsive(
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

bayside wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
bayside wrote:I just updated and tried Chrome again. Still wont work for me.

ID# 15285 - everyone having problems in this league.
ID# 22995 - myself plus the other 2 people I have talked to having problems in this league.
ID# 16894 - have not heard back from anyone else in this league, but does not work for me

Yes, both of the first 2 leagues are using the new SV+HOLD stat.
Thanks for looking into this Genie!

EDIT:
I just got Stattracker to open from the bottom league (ID# 16894) which happens to be the only one of the 3 that does NOT use SV+HOLD.
also all the games are now finished for the day, in case that has anything to do with it.
however when I try to switch teams, or switch from "today" stats to "week" stats, or from batters to pitchers, it freezes up and becomes unresponsive(

StatTracker guy believes he has a fix for your problem. He's just trying to confirm for sure.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers