Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bixo9 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Oh, and I wish Yahoo would display...

* the cumulative weekly fantasy points for the benched players, instead of resetting it to zero.
* the fantasy points earned on the mobile apps Matchup page. They show fantasy points on StatTracker and the mobile's "My Team" page, but not the Matchup page.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm

rib217 wrote:In terms of the yahoo fantasy baseball app.

along the top bar displaying the days stats the overall H/AB and IP is missing. This was something that existed last year but is gone so far this year. I found it to be a pretty helpful addition to see how my team was doing as a whole.

Is this something that was purposely removed?

To take it a step further, I wish Yahoo would give the commissioner the ability to choose non-scoring stats to display.

For example, if you wanted H/AB and IP to display, then bam! You got it. If so-and-so wanted BA and ERA then bam! Like this, anyone can pick and choose which non-scoring stats they want their league to view, and Yahoo wouldn't need to do anything else.

I think someone had suggested this earlier.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:07 am

I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet and I am sorry if it has been.
But would it be possible on the mobile app to get H/AB team totals, and IP totals for your team.
It was on the page last year but this year it is gone, I personally liked seeing them all combined.

Thanks
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 am

First week and already issues with the stats tracking system. Not happy at all that James McDonald's stellar performace today isn't recorded on either my team page or on my matchups page.
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Postby saemick » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 am

Genie, let me 1st start by saying you're awesome & a phenomenal asset to the cafe!

Now, onto some suggestions/ wish lists.

For the App:

• maybe I'm missing something, but I see you can add players to your "watch list", but can't seem to view my watch list anywhere on the app.

• please allow me to view other teams rosters other than just a week overview from the matchup page.

As for the site, I know it's been mentioned in the past, but is there any way to set up email alerts for all transactions (adds/drops)? I play 1 of my fantasy football leagues on CBS and that feature is one of the only reasons we've stayed with them. Would love to see Yahoo do that as well.

Cheers & thanks again Genie!
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasyfiend » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 am

Love yahoo fantasy. Thank you for participating here on the forum.

Here's a suggestion (a small touch that would really add some pop), that would seem like something easy to add:

A bar (visual display) that fills up to represent the amount of time left in a season. This bar can update automatically everyday with the standings.

Example: in a baseball season, there are 182 days. On day 60, the bar/visual display on the league page would read "season 32.9% complete". This # would just grow gradually as the season progressed (starting from day 1).

I think it's a small touch that will add to the excitement/drama as people are chasing each other in the standings -- they will be reading that bar everyday. Kind of like a fan watching a football game, staring at the time left in the 4th quarter, always computing in their head what are their chances of coming back, or holding on to their lead, based on the amount of time left on the clock.
Last edited by fantasyfiend on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Brainstorm » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:14 am

One quirk in the system regarding waivers:

My league uses continuous waivers and everyday players come off for claims. I put it in as same day waivers so owners get the player in the lineup the same day the claim went in (ie. 3AM EST Sunday player comes off waivers onto a team, and the player can be plugged into Sunday's lineup.) Otherwise, they wouldn't be in the lineup until Monday.

The biggest issue we're having with it is how players are viewed. Probable starters are for today's games, and there's no way to see tomorrow's, which is when the waiver would actually clear. For example, right now if i look at available players and sort by Probable Pitchers, Felix Doubront, Barry Zito, etc. come up. But if I put a claim in, they won't clear waivers until 3AM EST tonight (Saturday) and by then they'll have already pitched.

It would be nice if the leagues recognized your format and league settings to show the correct scheduling (ie. it shows Saturday's probable starters today, not Friday's, a set of players I cannot pick up in time).
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 am

Good morning Fantasy sports genie,

I have a question regarding Yahoo fantasy baseball. This is the first year I've used yahoo fantasy, and so far I like it. But there is this one thing that bugs me. I'm in a dynasty league, and I noticed that my SS were pretty old. So I decide to go pick up Carlos Correa, and noticed he wasn't there. He was not available in the FA, not because someone else owned him, but because he was simply not available in the yahoo fantasy baseball system. I have noticed this about other prospects as well that have my interest. Is there any way I can add them? When does yahoo determine the availability of a certain prospect?

I thought that maybe it was because he was drafted this past year, so maybe he was too young. But I saw Bubba Starling was available, along with Kevin Gausman, and they were both drafted in 2012. And some prospects who were not drafted this past year are also not available who have my interest. Is there like a set date of when they will be available? When do these top prospects become available in the yahoo fantasy baseball system?
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 am

In general, Yahoo! has been, at best, inconsistent with which prospects get into their database and which don't. Typically, it's the 'more hyped' players who make their way to availability, or those they feel are more likely to get called to the 25-man roster sooner.

Also, there are League Settings which can determine when players are added to your database, one of which I believe limits it until the player is either actually called up or even plays in their first MLB game.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 am

bigh0rt wrote:In general, Yahoo! has been, at best, inconsistent with which prospects get into their database and which don't. Typically, it's the 'more hyped' players who make their way to availability, or those they feel are more likely to get called to the 25-man roster sooner.

Also, there are League Settings which can determine when players are added to your database, one of which I believe limits it until the player is either actually called up or even plays in their first MLB game.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Other prospects such as David Dahl and Javier Baez are also not available. I don't believe my league has that certain league setting that limits it to when the player is called up or plays in his first MLB game, since players like Kevin Gausman were there. I noticed that on ESPN leagues, Correa is available along with some other of the top prospects I was interested in. I just like the yahoo setup a little better than ESPN. Is there any possible way I could add these prospects, or do I need to wait until yahoo updates the availability of certain prospects? Is there a date in which they update their prospect system, or does it just happen out of the blue?
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 31)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers