Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby hot4tx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

I really like the change in auction drafts to be able to view remaining budgets, max bid, or average bid. Very helpful to switch between those in the middle part of an auction. ;-D
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm

hot4tx wrote:I really like the change in auction drafts to be able to view remaining budgets, max bid, or average bid. Very helpful to switch between those in the middle part of an auction. ;-D

We did not change auction drafts at all this year heh... So that was there before, but glad you like it!
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby higherpie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Genie, is it possible to show the "K" Keeper icon in the transactions table/pages? We have certain rules about dropping keepers and picking up dropped keepers on waivers. Those rules would be easier to monitor and enforce if the "K" were there in the transactions table.

(It would be fine if the "K" goes away once the player clears waivers, like it does on other Yahoo pages.)
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby West » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of having an option to trade FAAB dollars as well as players? They do it in Tout Wars.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

I took part in a Mock Draft last night and I couldn't figure out a couple of things...

1. It appeared to only be showing me Y! Rankings and not my list. How can I use my list?
2. It was only showing players' 2012 stats. How can I make it show projected 2013 stats?

Or is this only an issue in the Mock and not the actual draft?

Thanks,
Eric
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby BalataGrande » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am

Our league has the setting Wait until called up to the majors. For guys that have made the squad, ie Gyorko, Bradley, Kazmir, Bedard........will they become available in the AM after they play their first game of the season then? Or will it be after opening day?? I'm not the commish so can't control the settings but there are several guys on the list I'd like to grab first!! :)
BalataGrande
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mblax10 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 am

Some of the other sites, including CBS, allow you to carry a minor league roster, that is separate from your active roster. This would be a great addition to deep keeper leagues like mine. With Yahoo's growing player database, it would be much easier to mark guys like Anthony Rendon, Gary Brown, etc on specific teams.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm

re: showing the K in transactions and such
If there is a module that could show the K but is not, that is a relatively easy change to make. I can follow up with people and see. I did also want to mention: we have a setting that says, "Remove keeper status for a player if he:". Options include, "Is Dropped", "Is Dropped and Becomes a Free Agent", and "Is Traded" (I bet the last one is very seldom used). Don't know if that would help your league, but if it would and you don't know about the setting, now you do.

re: Trading FAAB dollars
On "The List"

re: Showing your personal rankings in the draft client
You know, it is possible that actually isn't in there, though I'd agree that is kinda weird. Duly noted.

re: Showing projected stats in the draft client
I know there was a bug to get that done. I wonder if it fell through the cracks somehow. I'll follow up when back in the office.

re: the guys you want to grab first.
For things like this we're typically at the mercy of the teams, and when they make actual transactions. So I'd guess you will just need to keep a close eye out. And it is frustrating for everyone because news sources often report a player has been brought up, sent down, put on the DL, etc. etc., when what they really mean is the team has *decided to* bring them up, send them down, put them on the DL, etc. etc.

re: minor league rosters
I'm not going to suggest we have the minor league support CBS does at this time, but I did want to make sure you know that a week or two ago we added NA slots. These behave just like DL slots; you can only put NA players in there, you can't drop/add/trade with a non-NA guy in an NA slot, you can't add/trade directly into an NA slot, etc. etc. It isn't the cure-all, but is intended to help with leagues that want to better support minor leaguers/prospects.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BalataGrande » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the reply Genie, and thanks so much for your work to keep us informed! Is the update time still around 3am central time?? I've never really been able to figure that out as it seems to vary, is there some guideline night owls like me can follow??
BalataGrande
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:22 pm

BalataGrande wrote:Thanks for the reply Genie, and thanks so much for your work to keep us informed! Is the update time still around 3am central time?? I've never really been able to figure that out as it seems to vary, is there some guideline night owls like me can follow??

Not really. It is all dependent on when the stats show up from our provider. That partially depends on when games end for the day. They could send us stats the minute the last game of the day ends, or they could send us stats hours later in the middle of the night. Once the stats get to us, it is a matter of a few hours for us to process all stats and leagues. I can put it to you this way: if the stats haven't shown up for us by 3am or so, we figure something is wrong and people start getting paged. But if the stats show up at 3am exactly, you won't see updates/waivers/etc. until a while after that. So it is really hard for me to give you any clear guidance beyond: "after games ended yesterday but before games start today"
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers