Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:51 pm

posty wrote:Quick question and I did not go through the entire thread, but:

Does anyone know if it's possible to draft via smart phone yet for yahoo auction?

TIA

We do not support a mobile draft at this time.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Anyone else have message board problems? I try to add a link, but after I put in the URL and Description, there are no tags added to my message.

Also, when I cancel a message and then try to create a new one, the old one that I cancelled is still there. Weird.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby bixo9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 am

Bloody Sox wrote:Also, when I cancel a message and then try to create a new one, the old one that I cancelled is still there. Weird.

I noticed that, too. It actually helped me once when I didn't intend to press cancel.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bixo9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 am

Genie,

1. On the mobile app, click on a player. The Stats tab is the default.

I suggest a default to the last tab the user clicked on. I would think that works best since users have their tab preference, and I assume there may be additional tabs in the future. I find myself going to the player's profile to read the notes, and frustrating to have to click away from the Stats tab to the Notes tab every time.

2. On the desktop web pages, mouse-over on a player's note. The following text displays.
a. New player Notes
b. Player notes
c. No new player notes

The mouse-over text redundant, because I already know from the icon's visual cues. It may prevent unnecessary clicks if we already know the gist of the note. I suggest displaying text from the note, or a brief title about the note.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bixo9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 am

Genie, please please please please tell me that the weekly roster deadline has been improved from last year's pacific coast midnight deadline. I.e. the weekly deadline is either the day's first game, or player's first game.

Thanks for all the other improvements so far.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jbird669 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

In-season salary cap. We used yahoo for our action because fantrax doesn't offer it, but we won't stay with you because you don't track in-season salaries.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 pm

jbird669 wrote:In-season salary cap. We used yahoo for our action because fantrax doesn't offer it, but we won't stay with you because you don't track in-season salaries.

Depends what you mean. We can/do track in-season salaries. We do not enforce any sort of cap. If you want the latter, duly noted. If you want the former and just don't know how, let me know.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hiro101 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 am

I am receiving complaints about the player pool this year and wanted to understand if this is the normal grumbling or something has changed. Does anyone know if the New Players Become Available settings (wait until called up to Majors, whenever Yahoo adds them) are new this year?

I imported last years settings and didn't pay too much attention assuming everything would be the same. Its set to wait until called up to majors, but by the volume of complaints I think that's more restrictive than it was last year. For example, managers were surprised Lohse was missing altogether before signing instead of just NA.

I noticed I'm unable to change now (post draft) - is this something customer service can do? I also cannot see what it was set to last year as that's not visible in the archive. Any ideas?

League ID: 27024
hiro101
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

hiro101 wrote:I am receiving complaints about the player pool this year and wanted to understand if this is the normal grumbling or something has changed. Does anyone know if the New Players Become Available settings (wait until called up to Majors, whenever Yahoo adds them) are new this year?

This works the same as it has in the past.
I imported last years settings and didn't pay too much attention assuming everything would be the same. Its set to wait until called up to majors, but by the volume of complaints I think that's more restrictive than it was last year. For example, managers were surprised Lohse was missing altogether before signing instead of just NA.

That is how it would have worked last year as well. If Lohse wasn't on a team, then he wouldn't have been visible in your league.

I noticed I'm unable to change now (post draft) - is this something customer service can do? I also cannot see what it was set to last year as that's not visible in the archive. Any ideas?

Customer care should be able to change it to be less restrictive. That is, it is okay to change it from "Wait Until Called Up" to "Show Everybody". They can't go the other direction, because guys on your rosters could suddenly become invalid. You can see what it was set to last year, and it is visible in the archive. From your archive league, there is a link for Settings, and it is displayed on that page:

It does look like you have a different setting this year than last, and I don't see a transaction changing it, so either it did not import properly, or it got changed during the registration process. I haven't seen any other reports of this problem, but it is possible. I'll try to look into it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby posty » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Is the flag that you click to add/remove someone from your watch list working? Now when I try to add/remove from my watch list, clicking on it does nothing...

Also, what is the maximum number that one is allowed on the watch list? Last year it was 50 and I really need to have more than 50 and for the past four years (or so), I have requested it to be increased to at least 75...
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers