Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby jackie hayes » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 am

Any chance of more winners' leagues (that draft before the season starts) being created?
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 274)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am

Yahoo! Sports has added an NA roster spot for this season.

Cool. B-)
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 29)

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am

Slayer Rules wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:Wow - I noticed the avatars are back in the mock drafts. Very nice - I appreciate that getting hooked back up.

EDIT: The other big feature I was working on also went out today. It is present in baseball, and is a feature you guys asked for. I expect that they'll put up a league note at some point to highlight it, but if you're feeling adventurous you can try to find it now ;-)

WOW - NA roster spot. that is awesome.

Genie, can NA spots be added after the season starts? Thanks.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 242)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

Ray Zorback wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:EDIT: The other big feature I was working on also went out today. It is present in baseball, and is a feature you guys asked for. I expect that they'll put up a league note at some point to highlight it, but if you're feeling adventurous you can try to find it now ;-)

Funny you should ask. I was just about to post something related to this...

To make the NA slot useful this year, I had to make another change. It used to be that you could not edit roster positions postdraft. You can now make limited changes postdraft. Specifically, you can increase the size of your bench, and you can increase the number of any "special" slots (DL, IR, NA). Be careful doing so, because if you increase the number of slots and then decide you don't like it, you can't shrink it back down.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby Coppernob » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:- Yes. If a team traded picks, and was deleted and recreated rather than being renewed/reinvited, that is your problem. Bad news. You could fix it on your own, but it would be a big pain: if you deleted the league, re-renew it, and do it right, you'll be fine. You could reach out to customer care, and they might be able to help you; not sure on that one. But yes; deleting a team that had traded picks is a definite problem. Hence the warnings.

Unfortunately the commissioner did this (i was drafted in to co-commish to sort this mess out... We do not have the time to cancel and renew so I guess i can do it all manually as he does have records of the old trades... ugh

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:- If I understand your question, let me give you a concrete example. If you allowed trading draft picks, a team might have 2 picks in the first round and no picks in the last round (for example). Your league/commish need to have a policy for how you are going to assign keepers into the draft. You are certainly able to put them into the first 4 picks each team has. If you do so, the team with the 2 first round picks will almost surely be unhappy, because what is supposed to be a balanced process of 4 keepers per team will hurt them more than other teams. If you put them into the last 4 picks each team has, that will benefit that team slightly. Nevertheless, that is how my personal league operates. You could instead have a rule that says, "You can't trade picks in the first/last 4 rounds, because that is where we're going to put all the keepers". But if you didn't do that last year, it isn't really an option now. Bottom line: you can look at exactly who is going to pick where. If you put keepers in any pick, then it is just like the team picked the player there, and that has ramifications. It sounds like you understand the pros and cons, you just need to decide how your league is doing thing.

I think you understand my situation but let me try and clarify using your example above. We have the rule that you MUST keep 4 players. So, why, in your example above does Round 5 not just become the defacto Round 1? All you are doing is keeping the same draft but reducing the field of available players by the keepers. Actually as I write this I think i know the answer. Last year the software saw trhat there were 22 rounds and assumed there was going to be , lets say, 22 rounds again this year. The software does not know how to handle a round 2 for player and round 21 trade.

Ok.. going to be a long long friday night for me.....
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Because we don't know what your rules are. We don't know every team is required to protect 4, or that you definitely want them put in the first 4 rounds. So we can't make the leap that even though people chose to trade 1st round picks last year, that should actually be a 5th round pick.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:

To make the NA slot useful this year, I had to make another change. It used to be that you could not edit roster positions postdraft. You can now make limited changes postdraft. Specifically, you can increase the size of your bench, and you can increase the number of any "special" slots (DL, IR, NA). Be careful doing so, because if you increase the number of slots and then decide you don't like it, you can't shrink it back down.

Genie, does postdraft include the whole season or just until the first game is played?
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 242)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:
Ray Zorback wrote:

Genie, does postdraft include the whole season or just until the first game is played?

The entire season.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Genie, that is AWESOME! Well done man!
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby posty » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Quick question and I did not go through the entire thread, but:

Does anyone know if it's possible to draft via smart phone yet for yahoo auction?

TIA
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers