Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:Wow - I noticed the avatars are back in the mock drafts. Very nice - I appreciate that getting hooked back up.

That was me, and the fix went out today. Rawr!

It is slightly different than it used to be. We used to use everyone's Yahoo! Avatar in mock drafts. We now use everyone's Yahoo! profile image. Many people have that set to be their Avatar, but they don't have to be. There is a link in the header at the top of our pages to your Yahoo! Profile (different than your Fantasy Sports Profile); that link will let you change your image if you want.

EDIT: The other big feature I was working on also went out today. It is present in baseball, and is a feature you guys asked for. I expect that they'll put up a league note at some point to highlight it, but if you're feeling adventurous you can try to find it now ;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 am

this isn't exactly a big deal, but why is Eric Bedard not in yahoo?
he had 125.2 IP last season.
he's not someone I would even consider in a standard league, but playing in a really deep league he would be worth taking a chance on.
just found it interesting that he is not even available in yahoo.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:this isn't exactly a big deal, but why is Eric Bedard not in yahoo?
he's not someone I would even consider in a standard league, but playing in a really deep league he would be worth taking a chance on.

Are you searching first and last name? If so, it's Erik, which could be the problem.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:this isn't exactly a big deal, but why is Eric Bedard not in yahoo?

Are you searching first and last name? If so, it's Erik, which could be the problem.

Bedard is not in the player pool in our league, either. Likely due to the fact that he isn't yet on the Astros' 40-man roster. If he makes the team and is added to the 40 and 25-man, I assume he'll be added.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 pm

I figured any player who played in the majors last season would/should be available in yahoo fantasy baseball. Carlos Lee is in there, and he's still a free agent.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Coppernob » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Genie and all of you have been very kind in walking me through some keeper questions but I have a two other questions. I have been maded assistant commish in one league

I have approved the keepers, i go and select "Custom Order and Keeper Player Leagues" but i cannot check the "import traded draft picks from last season"
So I go and view the traded draft picks and the next tells me that "The Commish has not processed traded draft picks for the current season"
Where do I do that?

One thing that might help Genie: The Real commish deleted a team rather than reassign it and so i read that "If you remove a team from the league that had traded picks in the previous season, we cannot import the picks" is that why I am having problems? Any way around it? ID=33268

Then,Once I have done that i was going to assign the keepers to each team, however i have a doubt. We have 4 keepers each. If I assign these keepers in the first four rounds does this affect the "traded rounds" or does a trade last season of "next year's first round pick" in reality end up being the "fifth round pick" because the first four rounds are keeper assignments?

I hope I made myself clear :-o
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Coppernob wrote:Genie and all of you have been very kind in walking me through some keeper questions but I have a two other questions. I have been maded assistant commish in one league

I have approved the keepers, i go and select "Custom Order and Keeper Player Leagues" but i cannot check the "import traded draft picks from last season"
So I go and view the traded draft picks and the next tells me that "The Commish has not processed traded draft picks for the current season"
Where do I do that?

One thing that might help Genie: The Real commish deleted a team rather than reassign it and so i read that "If you remove a team from the league that had traded picks in the previous season, we cannot import the picks" is that why I am having problems? Any way around it? ID=33268

Then,Once I have done that i was going to assign the keepers to each team, however i have a doubt. We have 4 keepers each. If I assign these keepers in the first four rounds does this affect the "traded rounds" or does a trade last season of "next year's first round pick" in reality end up being the "fifth round pick" because the first four rounds are keeper assignments?

I hope I made myself clear :-o

Running out the door, but some quick answers:
- Yes. If a team traded picks, and was deleted and recreated rather than being renewed/reinvited, that is your problem. Bad news. You could fix it on your own, but it would be a big pain: if you deleted the league, re-renew it, and do it right, you'll be fine. You could reach out to customer care, and they might be able to help you; not sure on that one. But yes; deleting a team that had traded picks is a definite problem. Hence the warnings.

- If I understand your question, let me give you a concrete example. If you allowed trading draft picks, a team might have 2 picks in the first round and no picks in the last round (for example). Your league/commish need to have a policy for how you are going to assign keepers into the draft. You are certainly able to put them into the first 4 picks each team has. If you do so, the team with the 2 first round picks will almost surely be unhappy, because what is supposed to be a balanced process of 4 keepers per team will hurt them more than other teams. If you put them into the last 4 picks each team has, that will benefit that team slightly. Nevertheless, that is how my personal league operates. You could instead have a rule that says, "You can't trade picks in the first/last 4 rounds, because that is where we're going to put all the keepers". But if you didn't do that last year, it isn't really an option now. Bottom line: you can look at exactly who is going to pick where. If you put keepers in any pick, then it is just like the team picked the player there, and that has ramifications. It sounds like you understand the pros and cons, you just need to decide how your league is doing thing.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:Wow - I noticed the avatars are back in the mock drafts. Very nice - I appreciate that getting hooked back up.

EDIT: The other big feature I was working on also went out today. It is present in baseball, and is a feature you guys asked for. I expect that they'll put up a league note at some point to highlight it, but if you're feeling adventurous you can try to find it now ;-)

WOW - NA roster spot. that is awesome.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby higherpie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 am

Slayer Rules wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:

WOW - NA roster spot. that is awesome.

Awesome!!!!!! All hail Genie!!

(Now, can you bump it just a bit to 10 NA slots? :-D )
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bayside » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 am

NA slots.. WOOHOO!
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager