Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Coppernob » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:30 am

ayebatter wrote:Found this request in the wrong thread. ;-)

]

Lol! Thanks i was puzzled where it ended up!
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 am

Genie,
Thank you as always for making yourself available here. Yahoo really is a terrific service and I have used it for 12 years.

I also would cast a vote for keeper leagues (message board being the most important feature, but also the ability to allow trades as others stated) remaining active year round. I would pay a reasonable amount for this service.

I also would second the notion for an improvement of the message board system. I feel it could be a bit more user friendly with a cleaner format. Something similar to what you see here would be terrific.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby Smileyman9 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 am

First off, thanks for asking :)

Some great suggestions so far, my league has been hoping for some new category options *(things like doubles+triples and holds+saves).
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jsphlly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Option to have waivers/FAAB acquisitions clear at specific days/times with all players being waivers (not free agents). Bids can be placed anytime, but the waiver process only runs say Sunday night at 7:00 and Thursday night at 7:00.

As my league mates and I have aged, not all of us can run to the computer when a closer gets injured anymore. This option levels the playing field.

Love Yahoo but went to ESPN mainly for this last year.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:24 pm

jsphlly wrote:Option to have waivers/FAAB acquisitions clear at specific days/times with all players being waivers (not free agents). Bids can be placed anytime, but the waiver process only runs say Sunday night at 7:00 and Thursday night at 7:00.

As my league mates and I have aged, not all of us can run to the computer when a closer gets injured anymore. This option levels the playing field.

This. Customizable waiver claims was pretty much the only reason all of my leagues were on ESPN last year instead of Yahoo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Would love to see an option to enforce minimums within a roto setup.

Our league has a rules that each team must meet certain IP and Games requirements per position. We have always used the maximums, but due to a team tanking in 2011, we had our commish manually enforce minimums through editing owners' lineups if they fell below the projected minimum. In a keeper/dynasty, this can be a problem if you have owners who try and skirt the rules.

As others have said, a deeper player pool would be nice, and maybe along with that, a "minor league" option of sorts for keeper/dynasty leagues. We are a 14-team roto league that keeps 15 players off of our 25-man rosters. What would be nice is to have each franchise have an additional 5-15 spots to stash minor league players. It could work similar to DL slots, in that once a player is promoted to MLB, the owner has to do the same on his team. This would help out the horrible teams in dynasty or deep keepers who held players like Wil Myers or Miguel Sano, etc in 2012.

Thanks for being so accessible here...really appreciated!
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:49 am

jsphlly wrote:Option to have waivers/FAAB acquisitions clear at specific days/times with all players being waivers (not free agents). Bids can be placed anytime, but the waiver process only runs say Sunday night at 7:00 and Thursday night at 7:00.

This one I can also quickly address. We actually added this *this* season, but we added it mid-season which made it difficult for many leagues to move to. I had seen this request enough, and learned to appreciate the goal of it, so I figured I would just implement it while I had some spare time. So all four full games have this feature now. You can't specify the time that waivers run; they still run in response to overnight stats as they do now. But you can choose from 1-7 days of the week when you want them to run.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby ML610 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 am

multiple match-ups per week in h2h format. The only reason we still pay for cbs...
ML610
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby murmp2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 pm

dannahann wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
converge241 wrote:1) As many have mentioned - specific minor league slots. I am debating moving a league back to Yahoo but we have minor league rosters for each team and my workaround is building ghost teams to harbor the players. I prefer Yahoo over all sites for hosting but this one league has been hosted elsewhere for years due to this and other keeper limitations (but please note the keeper stuff has GREATLY improved which is why I am re-looking at moving this one back)

2) Keeper leagues staying for the whole off-season. Realize this is probably a huge burden but some owners might pay for this so off-season trades can be done on the site, or perhaps some cached version of the site. My workaround for this is trying to keep emails active and keeping records of everything on Google Docs. This is another reason I keep one league I run off of yahoo and would like to bring it back to be housed with most of my other teams (and many of the league members - one stop for all/almost all your teams).

Thx!

;D another vote for keeper leagues through the off-season (along with minor league slots).

me likey too ;-D

+1 minor league slots. Maybe the better way to go about it is have the ability to add custom flags (symbolic link) to players. That way you would be able to mark certain players with your own custom designations. Such as in the Dynasty league I am in I would love to have all rookies (example: <150ab or < 50ip) flagged as such. One step better than that would be the ability to to auto-flag players on certain conditions (ex. at bats, innings pitched) and moving them to waivers once they meet/surpass those limits. Reasoning being, in my league players are not available during the regular season unless they surpass their rookie status.
murmp2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

^ that flag idea is pretty sweet!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers