Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby wrveres » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Colon is with the A's and Jurrjens is with the Orioles.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby higherpie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 pm

The issue with Colon (I assume) is the same issue with Carlos Ruiz and Yasmani Grandal that I've been throwing a hissy fit about since Yahoo launched. They aren't in Yahoo's player pool (at least when using the "Wait Until Called Up" setting) due to their suspensions making them not actively on their team's 40-man roster.

This is silly, because they aren't prospects. No matter if a league uses the "Wait" setting or the "As Soon As..." setting, these players should be in the player pool, should be draftable, and should be keepable.

It makes no sense to withhold any of these players from the player pool due to their 50 game suspensions.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 am

Genie, I have a serious concern, concerning, the availability of prospects that are already in the player database. No, I'm not clamoring for your provider to add more - it's rather the opposite...there are too many available.

You see, for many years, we have been playing under this setting:

New players become available: Wait until called up to Majors

Per your rulebook, I take it to understand that with this setting enabled, "new players" or rookies in this case, will NOT be available in the Free Agent pool unless they have been added to a 40 man roster or they have appeared in a game, whichever comes first. But now, this year, I see guys like Christian Yelich and Kaleb Cowart (both of whom aren't even their team's 40 man). I wonder if there is a conflict between this setting and your provider's need to push out prospects in order to meet the demands of most other leagues.

This setting is absolutely fundamental to my league - because FAAB comes into play whenever a new prospect "appears" on waivers. If this is the trend going forward, where your provider will just be incrementally adding more and more prospects to the database, then I don't see how useful the "Wait until called up to Majors" setting is anymore.

Long story short: With the setting "Wait until called up to Majors" enable, I fully expect not to see rookies who haven't yet been added to their real team's 40 man roster, to appear in my league's Free Agent Pool.

Appreciate the work you do, thanks Genie.
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 am

MorseOverTaveras wrote:Genie, I have a serious concern, concerning, the availability of prospects that are already in the player database. No, I'm not clamoring for your provider to add more - it's rather the opposite...there are too many available.

You see, for many years, we have been playing under this setting:

New players become available: Wait until called up to Majors

Per your rulebook, I take it to understand that with this setting enabled, "new players" or rookies in this case, will NOT be available in the Free Agent pool unless they have been added to a 40 man roster or they have appeared in a game, whichever comes first. But now, this year, I see guys like Christian Yelich and Kaleb Cowart (both of whom aren't even their team's 40 man). I wonder if there is a conflict between this setting and your provider's need to push out prospects in order to meet the demands of most other leagues.

This setting is absolutely fundamental to my league - because FAAB comes into play whenever a new prospect "appears" on waivers. If this is the trend going forward, where your provider will just be incrementally adding more and more prospects to the database, then I don't see how useful the "Wait until called up to Majors" setting is anymore.

Long story short: With the setting "Wait until called up to Majors" enable, I fully expect not to see rookies who haven't yet been added to their real team's 40 man roster, to appear in my league's Free Agent Pool.

Appreciate the work you do, thanks Genie.

The issue here, as discussed in the past, is that team rosters are nebulous in the preseason. Therefore, guys guy listed in preseason as being on the roster when they might well not be once the season starts. This is a hard problem to solve.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am

Would love to see a simpler way to be able to see season standings either on a certain date or end of certain week.

So, if I am coughing up a lead with 4 weeks to go and wanted to see what the standings were back on July 4, or that week, I could simply do that with a drop-down menu or a link to a page that shows a calendar.

The graph chart is a cool feature but doesn't get it done anymore.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Teheran is in the game, so not sure what the issue is there.

I just checked for the 100th time, and Teheran is most definitely not in our player pool in either of the yahoo leagues I'm registered in. I appreciate the feedback on Colon and Jurjens, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't be included compared to hundreds of low-end minor league types who did manage to make the cut. Any insights on why Teheran is unavailable would be appreciated.
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

Postby higherpie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm

SteveJeltzPhanClub wrote:

I just checked for the 100th time, and Teheran is most definitely not in our player pool in either of the yahoo leagues I'm registered in. I appreciate the feedback on Colon and Jurjens, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't be included compared to hundreds of low-end minor league types who did manage to make the cut. Any insights on why Teheran is unavailable would be appreciated.

Interesting. Teheran is in both of my Yahoo leagues, one each using the "Wait Until Called Up" and "As Soon As Yahoo Adds Them" settings. So it's bizarre that he's not in your leagues. His O-Rank is 673.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 pm

SteveJeltzPhanClub wrote:

What is your league ID/URL?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:53 pm

The league that I need the Teheran add is 3851. Thanks for taking an interest and looking into it.
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cordscords » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Just realized I have 2 drafts scheduled at the same time. I would like to delete one team and reschedule it for earlier in the day, but that's a winners league. If I delete the team will Y! remember and offer me a winners league again when I sign up again?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers