Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bixo9 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am

The new image upload tool works great! I quickly and without problems uploaded images for a couple of teams using Chrome.

Genie, may we please get the team images to appear wherever the team name appears similar to the team images on the mobile's League screen?

For example, on the desktop's overview page for standings and matchups, the team stats page, Matchup -> All Matchups page. On the mobile's Matchups page and on the Home screen.

Where ever the team name appears, because image hints more appealing than just plain text.

Danke
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ehlana » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:13 pm

I'd really like to be able to upload my pre draft rankings by individual position instead of one giant steaming pile of players. >.<
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
(")_(")*
Ehlana
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby bayside » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm

bixo9 wrote:
bayside wrote:
bixo9 wrote:Tomorrow, we have a couple of absentee managers for our off-line draft. It seems that every year we have at least one person absent (emergencies, schedule conflict, etc.).

I've been asked to draft on their behalf. I will be distracted from drafting my team, and I may not be objective at all times.

I would prefer the option to assign the absentee manager's team to be auto-drafted similar to Yahoo's auto-pick algorithm.

Is this possible now? If not, would this feature be possible for next year's draft?

Think about it... in an offline draft how in the world would any software solution be possible to autodraft one team?

Have a button, when ever manually pressed, would "auto" pick a player. Nothing complicated. I had three people miss the off-line draft in my 12 team league, and that would have been very helpful.
and how would that button know which players have been picked already and which ones havent? Do you just keeping clicking the button until it selects a player that nobody owns? Maybe yahoo should just install an Easy Button!
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 pm

bayside wrote:
bixo9 wrote:
bayside wrote:Think about it... in an offline draft how in the world would any software solution be possible to autodraft one team?

Have a button, when ever manually pressed, would "auto" pick a player. Nothing complicated. I had three people miss the off-line draft in my 12 team league, and that would have been very helpful.
and how would that button know which players have been picked already and which ones havent? Do you just keeping clicking the button until it selects a player that nobody owns? Maybe yahoo should just install an Easy Button!

I imagine he's suggesting this would be integrated with the current tool to enter offline draft results. That being said:
- Nothing dictates that you must enter the picks in order
- Typically the whole point of an offline draft is that you aren't rushed and can be accommodating of managers that aren't immediately available, so I don't really understand the use case of a commish having to offline draft for someone.
- Even if this is a legit use case, I've never heard anyone ask for it before. So my guess is that even if we ever did such a thing, it would be a very low priority.

For the record, in the past when my personal league did an offline draft, each pick was slotted into a scheduled time. If your time came and went and you chose not to pick, then you made your proverbial bed. The draft would roll onwards without you, and you could make your pick whenever you did happen to come around, from whatever players still hadn't been taken.

I suppose another common use case for offline draft is people who like drafting in person and then entering results later. I'd again think a much more common solution in these cases would be to either schedule a time everyone could make it, or tell the owner who couldn't make it to send a proxy (other than the commish...)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Coppernob » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Our keeper deadline has come and gone and everyone used the "keeper tool"

Is there any way to show the league who everyone's keepers are so we can remove them from our cheat sheets before the draft starts?
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bayside » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

If you customize the daft order you can set the keepers as the first several picks (or last, or any rounds in the draft you want).
then whenever you save them, the league can click on Draft Results and it will show everyones keepers. Also when you go to Players and sort by All Available none of the keepers will show up.

No idea if the league can view all keepers without using the custom draft order tool.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kimbos Beard » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Coppernob wrote:Our keeper deadline has come and gone and everyone used the "keeper tool"

Is there any way to show the league who everyone's keepers are so we can remove them from our cheat sheets before the draft starts?

If you go into draft results you can see which players have been kept, presuming your Commissioner has done his/her job.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

So people touched on a few points, but to be clear.

When the commish approves keepers, then things change. I'm trying to remember off the top of my head where/how. I really thought there was a page where we showed the keepers once protections happened, but I could be wrong. On the Players page there is filter for Keepers, and I bet that starts working. On the Players page you can filter by team, and that should work, I think. And the thing I find interesting as an owner is that once keepers are settled, I can go to the players page and sort/filter the "unowned" guys to see who will be available in my draft.

Then there is the matter of draft order/results. To be very clear, just having teams declare keepers doesn't really do much. It is essential that the commish then tell us what to do with those keepers via the custom draft order tool. And as noted, once the commish starts putting keepers into the draft order, you can see them in the draft results page.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Question to Genie or anyone else that is a professed Yahoo expert. There are three players that were drafted off-line in my very deep, 18 team yahoo league who appear to be unavailable. Those players are:

Bartolo Colon
Jair Jurjens
Julio Teheran

Not exactly an unknown group of players. Any idea when we can expect this group to be added to the player pool?

Thanks in advance!
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm

SteveJeltzPhanClub wrote:Question to Genie or anyone else that is a professed Yahoo expert. There are three players that were drafted off-line in my very deep, 18 team yahoo league who appear to be unavailable. Those players are:

Bartolo Colon
Jair Jurjens
Julio Teheran

Not exactly an unknown group of players. Any idea when we can expect this group to be added to the player pool?

Thanks in advance!

Colon is not in the game because he doesn't fit. Way too big.

I kid, I kid. Both Colon and Jurrjens aren't in the game because they aren't rostered and weren't viewed as high interest. If either of them were to sign on to a team they'd certainly show up in-game.

Teheran is in the game, so not sure what the issue is there.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers