Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Bartolo Colon isn't in the Yahoo database. Is this deliberate, or an oversight? At what point will he be added?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kiddlattimer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Is the 2013 iphone app going to be released soon? I understand the Android app is already out
kiddlattimer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bayside » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
re: drafts not working for leagues with SV+Holds and SV+Holds-BS
That bug has been fixed but not pushed. If your league isn't drafting in the next day or two, you'll be fine. If your league is drafting in the next day or two, you can either postpone it until the fix goes out, or remove that stat and have customer care add the stat in after your draft.

Thanks for the update Genie, thats good news.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JCD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:re: the DL slot
That was me :-( The bug is fixed, and scheduled to go out on Tuesday, as it stands now. To throw you a small bone, if it helps any, that bug was introduced as I was implementing a new feature for baseball that you guys wanted that isn't out yet. Enough said.

re: drafts not working for leagues with SV+Holds and SV+Holds-BS
That bug has been fixed but not pushed. If your league isn't drafting in the next day or two, you'll be fine. If your league is drafting in the next day or two, you can either postpone it until the fix goes out, or remove that stat and have customer care add the stat in after your draft.

re: pro leagues
Frustrating, but the same status as before. Held up in legal.

no answer to this?
Dennismenis3 wrote:Hey Genie, I appreciate all the time you are putting in here...

I just did a mock draft. I drafted Reyes at SS, drafted Zobrist(2B,SS,OF) who was placed automatically into 2B slot. Later I drafted 2B Aaron Hill who was placed in my 2nd Util. slot (Encarnacion is in 1st.). There should be an edit roster feature so I could move Zobrist to OF and Aaron Hill to 2B slot hence allowing me to draft Ortiz to Util. spot instead of a bench spot. Managers should be able to move players around to positions that they qualify for and open up other slots.

The same applies to pitchers who could be put in SP or RP or bench spots. The option to move players around after you draft them could have a big impact on a draft.

and this:
JCD wrote:AVG COST is based on real drafts or mocks?
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

Average draft position/cost does not count mocks. I don't recall if it counts private leagues, since they have wildly differing settings. A quick glance at the code suggests it counts any league that uses the default number of teams, default roster size, default positions, and default scoring . If I'm reading this properly.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

I'll attempt to speak for him - if I'm wrong my apologies.

It would be nice to be able to edit your roster in real time while you're drafting so that you can visually see how your roster is filling out as you intended. Example: You take Hanley (3B/SS) and then take a guy like Freese later whom you intend to play at 3rd. You can lose track of your batters if Freese goes into the UTIL or your bench rather than at 3B (because Hanley occupied that spot first). It would be nice to put Hanley in SS to make room.

It's a matter of inconvenience, basically.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby posty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

Anyone else have the "Next 25" go to batters (even if you are looking at pitchers) and then not work any more?
Softball Supervisor

Postby JCD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

Average draft position/cost does not count mocks. I don't recall if it counts private leagues, since they have wildly differing settings. A quick glance at the code suggests it counts any league that uses the default number of teams, default roster size, default positions, and default scoring . If I'm reading this properly.

Thank you, that's very reassuring.

Slayer Rules wrote:

I'll attempt to speak for him - if I'm wrong my apologies.

It would be nice to be able to edit your roster in real time while you're drafting so that you can visually see how your roster is filling out as you intended. Example: You take Hanley (3B/SS) and then take a guy like Freese later whom you intend to play at 3rd. You can lose track of your batters if Freese goes into the UTIL or your bench rather than at 3B (because Hanley occupied that spot first). It would be nice to put Hanley in SS to make room.

It's a matter of inconvenience, basically.

Yes, that's it.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Okay. We have understood that use case, but haven't prioritized it highly compared to the alternatives. I think we figured that if it is just for organizing your thoughts, and it is bothering you, you can always keep a piece of paper on your desk while you draft heh... So it isn't a bad idea, just a decent amount of work for a relatively small gain, so hasn't been a high priority.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Okay. We have understood that use case, but haven't prioritized it highly compared to the alternatives. I think we figured that if it is just for organizing your thoughts, and it is bothering you, you can always keep a piece of paper on your desk while you draft heh... So it isn't a bad idea, just a decent amount of work for a relatively small gain, so hasn't been a high priority.

Honestly it seems like a small gain but it really is quite annoying when you're drafting and you can't put players where you want them in your roster. I'm pretty sure almost every other site allows you to do this.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers