Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

That is correct. We allow for you to trade picks for the following season. We understand the use case where people might want to trade picks for the current season prior to the draft; I think that is interesting in the context of year-round leagues, which we also appreciate the interest in. We also understand that some leagues would like to trade more than one year in advance, though demand for that has been quite low.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby higherpie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I promise I won't ask anymore, but, Genie, will Ruiz and Grandal be added to the player pool for leagues using the "Wait Until Called Up" setting?
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:That is correct. We allow for you to trade picks for the following season. We understand the use case where people might want to trade picks for the current season prior to the draft; I think that is interesting in the context of year-round leagues, which we also appreciate the interest in. We also understand that some leagues would like to trade more than one year in advance, though demand for that has been quite low.

Thanks Genie. :-C
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 pm

higherpie wrote:I promise I won't ask anymore, but, Genie, will Ruiz and Grandal be added to the player pool for leagues using the "Wait Until Called Up" setting?

I will answer you: I don't know.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Am I missing something on the pitcher named Carlos Martinez in the player pool? Is that supposed to be the Cardinals prospect Carlos Martinez? It is listed as the one who last pitched with the Marlins in 2009 and is now retired.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:Am I missing something on the pitcher named Carlos Martinez in the player pool? Is that supposed to be the Cardinals prospect Carlos Martinez? It is listed as the one who last pitched with the Marlins in 2009 and is now retired.

Well, the same could be said about Henry Owens, a legit Boston Red Sox prospect, or a failed reliever listed as a Marlins pitcher and hasn't pitched in the majors since 2007.

Henry Owens

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... he01.shtml

or

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minor ... ens-002hen

Also, surprised some of the 2012 draft guys from college that are closer to the majors, aside from Mike Zunino, like Gausman, Shaffer, Zimmer, Heaney, and Marrero haven't been added and some like Wacha and Stratton even made it all the way to AA in just a few months as pros.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby bayside » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Is there an option to change the H2H playoff matchups to 2 weeks?
Ideally I want to make the first round (when division winners have a bye) 1 week, the semis 2 weeks, and the championship 2 weeks.
For the past several seasons the standard Championship week was actually ~10 days which was nice. However this year the season ends on a Sunday so its a normal 1 week match.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby West » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 pm

1. I spend a half hour writing out a complicated message board post.
2. I click submit.
3. Yahoo prompts me for my password
4. I enter password and hit submit.
5. I enter a hole in the Yahoo universe and my half hour of typing is gone.
6. I throw my computer through a window
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby bixo9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am

bayside wrote:Is there an option to change the H2H playoff matchups to 2 weeks?

It would be nice to have that option just for the championship round. Although, we probably need sub-option to allow weekly leagues to either set or don't set their roster for the 2nd week.

West wrote:1. I spend a half hour writing out a complicated message board post.
2. I click submit.
3. Yahoo prompts me for my password
4. I enter password and hit submit.
5. I enter a hole in the Yahoo universe and my half hour of typing is gone.
6. I throw my computer through a window

I've only gone as far as step 5.

In general, I like Yahoo's message board, even though there have been several complaints in this forum.

Update: I entered my password after submitting a message board post and I didn't enter a black hole, like it would last year. My message posted. It may have been fixed.
Last edited by bixo9 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bixo9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:re: Streamlined interface for points leagues
I'd need to better understand what page/pages you are referring to. I can tell you that points leagues are a *very* small portion of our baseball leagues. H2H and roto dominate.

Genie, thanks for touching base here to get feedback to improve the experience.

I was referring to the mobile app which I really use a lot and thought both the 2011 and 2012 Yahoo mobile apps were great. Very clean graphics, functioned smoothly, and overall just great.

I understand that we're on to the 2013 and some of these things may no longer apply, such as, too much horizontal scrolling since the app will have a landscape mode.

But I'll note the things that I think could have been better for the 2012 app.
1. Too many zeros (and maybe dashes too) on the Matchups page.
2. Too much scrolling both horizontally and vertically.
3. Fix the Pts data.
4. 2 or 3 extra step to navigate between daily stats and weekly stats.

1. An example for a 12 column table. If my lousy players managed only a single, then a blank cell would be much better than seeing lots of zeros.

1B | 2B | 3B | HR | R | RBI | SB | CS | etc.
1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | etc.

That's a lot of "noise" if you imagine the zeros sprinkled across for all batters and pitchers.

2. The portrait mode allows up to 6 columns to display horizontally and 3 players vertically. That leads to a lot of scrolling. The following idea in mind is for the rare, but ever more popular points leagues. :) As more people switch from CBS to Yahoo.

Display the stats in a non-tabular format. I really like the design of the tabular format, but if giving up the tabular format means less scrolling then drop the table. For example, if said lousy player only has hit a single and walk so far, then as a broad idea, display "Lousy Player | 2 Pts | 1 1B, 1 BB".

3. I think this could be a difficult update, but worth it. Fix the position for the points total, so it doesn't disappear as the page is scrolled horizontally for both the summary stats and player stats.

4. "Matchups", click on matchup, and I see weekly scoring for myself and my opponent. Cool.

But, now I want to see my opponent's daily scoring. Hmm, three steps. Go to the "League" tab, scroll to find opponent, and click.

Ok, but I want to go back to weekly again. Three steps, "Matchups", click on matchup, and then click on the opponent icon.

I want to see my daily scoring which is one step by clicking on "My Team". That's cool, but I want to go back to weekly. Two steps, "Matchups" and click matchup.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Thanks Genie
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers