Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bixo9 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 pm

haymarket wrote:Question regarding weekly lineups. Our commish has them set for "Weekly on Sunday". Am I correct that with this setting our week will run Sunday-Saturday? The lineups would lock before the Sunday games splitting weekend series into separate fantasy weeks?

I'm a commissioner and I no longer see the option for "Weekly on Sunday". Odd. I had selected that option last year and the scoring went from Monday to Sunday.

I'm praying, really praying, Yahoo extends the roster deadline beyond pacific coast 11:59 pm.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Genie, I have another suggestion.

I wish Yahoo would display the points earned by the reserves on the matchup pages; desktop and mobile. Their point total week-to-date is always zero with zero stats accumulated. That would really help decide if I should start or continue to bench them.

Regards
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I have a request.
on the yahoo players page. under the stats you can select Splits: Season, or Splits: Career. I would like to go ahead and request that there can be splits for different specific seasons, like 2012, 2011, 2010, ect.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:re: Updating weekly rosters after Sunday at midnight, but before Monday games start
It is on "The List". I've always wondered why leagues lamenting this don't make their roster deadline Monday at midnight instead of Sunday at midnight, but in any case, we hear this one regularly, so we get that it is something lots of people want.

I only got to page 8 so far, so apologies if this was re-addressed, also just noticed it was posted a on the same page above now.

The way the commish options are: Daily - Today, Daily - Tomorrow, Weekly - Monday. I played 2 weekly leagues last year (1 ESPN and 1 Y!) and this was my first time playing weekly on Yahoo! and confused the hell out of my league the first week telling them the rosters should lock before the first pitch on Mondays (similar to how the football leagues work) but in actuality Weekly - Monday is a deadline of 12:00 AM Monday. I don't think there needs to be more options to playing a weekly game, but it'd just be moving the deadline to before games start for pick ups. It was a casual league with a handfull of first timers that I was wanting to let them know at work to set their lineups on Mondays but it didn't work out for a few with it locking so early.

Anywho, I love the feedback that you take in here with good discussion so that you can continually improve the game year over year. I love looking at my fantasy profile from all the past years and is probably the biggest reason why I always want Y! Fantasy to succeed.
Last edited by WickedSmaat on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dennismenis3 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

Hey Genie, I appreciate all the time you are putting in here...

I just did a mock draft. I drafted Reyes at SS, drafted Zobrist(2B,SS,OF) who was placed automatically into 2B slot. Later I drafted 2B Aaron Hill who was placed in my 2nd Util. slot (Encarnacion is in 1st.). There should be an edit roster feature so I could move Zobrist to OF and Aaron Hill to 2B slot hence allowing me to draft Ortiz to Util. spot instead of a bench spot. Managers should be able to move players around to positions that they qualify for and open up other slots.

The same applies to pitchers who could be put in SP or RP or bench spots. The option to move players around after you draft them could have a big impact on a draft.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby wingman3110 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 am

Question for you all?

Correct me if I am wrong here...my little situation is if I have different leagues drafting on the same day and at the same time, I am able to run both those drafts at the same time, correct? :-?
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 123)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:34 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Question for you all?

Correct me if I am wrong here...my little situation is if I have different leagues drafting on the same day and at the same time, I am able to run both those drafts at the same time, correct? :-?

Yes I've had drafts overlap before. You might have to use 2 browsers at once but it's doable to draft 2 at the same time.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hardyworld » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

One requested stat that I've been asking for for years (I've sent several requests to Yahoo! for it): Troubles (Triples + Doubles).
2011 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals
hardyworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby JCD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:Hey Genie, I appreciate all the time you are putting in here...

I just did a mock draft. I drafted Reyes at SS, drafted Zobrist(2B,SS,OF) who was placed automatically into 2B slot. Later I drafted 2B Aaron Hill who was placed in my 2nd Util. slot (Encarnacion is in 1st.). There should be an edit roster feature so I could move Zobrist to OF and Aaron Hill to 2B slot hence allowing me to draft Ortiz to Util. spot instead of a bench spot. Managers should be able to move players around to positions that they qualify for and open up other slots.

The same applies to pitchers who could be put in SP or RP or bench spots. The option to move players around after you draft them could have a big impact on a draft.

Yeah, this would be great.

A question:
AVG COST is based on real drafts or mocks?
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 pm

I have Commished a Yahoo league for now 9 seasons. For the first time we are allowing the trading of draft picks. Are we not allowed to draft 2013 picks. Or are we only allowed to trade picks for "the following season"...2014?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers