Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't know if this was covered or not. when joining a public league, for Competition Level you only have a choice of casual. what happened to competitive? I think people should have the option of casual for more fun and competitive for those who want to compete harder.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4987
(Past Year: 514)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bayside » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 am

Competitive = Pro Leagues
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Montana168 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:20 pm

posty wrote:
Montana168 wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:Do we still not know anything about guys like Taveras not being in the player pool?


Nope, they have yet to fix the Wil Myers glitch. Yahoo opened on Thursday night, so I'm guessing who ever is in charge of the player pool does not work weekends. :-D

Typically, when there is a batch of new players (specifically minor leagues players), they are added early in the morning (~5 AM EST) when everything switches over for the next day. So my guess (and only a guess) is that we'll see at least one relatively large (~15 players) batch of minor league players added sometime this week. I am basing that on what they have done in the past 1-2 years and what Genie said.


The Wil Myers "glitch" won't be fixed... He will be staying C/OF the entire season... I have never seen Yahoo remove someone from a position once the initial list is released...


Well, never say never. There is a link on Yahoo league front pages that alerts us that "Wil Myers will no longer have Catcher position eligibility" LOL. That provider that does the player pool for Yahoo is really screwing the pooch this year. :-b
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1458
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bayside » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Who IS the provider?
It seems like all of the player pool issues over the past few seasons have been problems that Yahoo blames on the Stat Provider.
Did Yahoo sign a terrible contract with this entity and now has no leverage to make them improve the service that their provider gives or something?
I just cant figure out why Yahoo hasnt switched to someone else when all the other major sites seem to have vastly superior player pools.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bayside » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Can someone describe what exactly is happening to you in detail with mock drafts? I'm pretty sure that we have no bug filed on this issue. I doubt anyone can answer for sure yet, but do you know if it is somehow specific to mocks, or are you having trouble entering real drafts?


I tried a mock last night and I also had problems. The draft window never loaded on its own. The green bar starts to progress and then gets stuck, either in the middle or near the end. I had to refresh the page manually several times before I was finally allowed into the draft room, at which point the first 5 selections had already been made. I assume several other people in that particular mock also had issues since a few of those early selections were auto-picked.

Also I did not receive an email with the mock results.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
(Past Year: 190)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Third Day » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 pm

In the greater scheme of things I know this is a small problem but this whole "Gravatar" thing is a pain in the buns. Why should I have to register to import an avatar? :-P
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2091
(Past Year: 273)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Third Day wrote:In the greater scheme of things I know this is a small problem but this whole "Gravatar" thing is a pain in the buns. Why should I have to register to import an avatar? :-P


...and I think that's related to the lack of avatars in the drafts. You'd have to 'sign in' somewhere specific to your draft to link back to Gravatar.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 748
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Third Day » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
Third Day wrote:In the greater scheme of things I know this is a small problem but this whole "Gravatar" thing is a pain in the buns. Why should I have to register to import an avatar? :-P


...and I think that's related to the lack of avatars in the drafts. You'd have to 'sign in' somewhere specific to your draft to link back to Gravatar.


I think this is the reason for it:

"Be sure to choose the proper rating for your Gravatar:

For public leagues, the rating can be G, or PG.
For private leagues, the rating can be G, PG, or R.
Please remember that the images still need to follow the Yahoo! Terms of Service"

Yahoo could have spent some time and effort and done some worthwhile upgrades and we get this. I'm 65 years old and I really don't see the need for avatar policing. Genie, I love ya but you guy are making ESPN look better and better.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2091
(Past Year: 273)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby posty » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 am

Montana168 wrote:
posty wrote:
Montana168 wrote:
Nope, they have yet to fix the Wil Myers glitch. Yahoo opened on Thursday night, so I'm guessing who ever is in charge of the player pool does not work weekends. :-D

Typically, when there is a batch of new players (specifically minor leagues players), they are added early in the morning (~5 AM EST) when everything switches over for the next day. So my guess (and only a guess) is that we'll see at least one relatively large (~15 players) batch of minor league players added sometime this week. I am basing that on what they have done in the past 1-2 years and what Genie said.


The Wil Myers "glitch" won't be fixed... He will be staying C/OF the entire season... I have never seen Yahoo remove someone from a position once the initial list is released...


Well, never say never. There is a link on Yahoo league front pages that alerts us that "Wil Myers will no longer have Catcher position eligibility" LOL. That provider that does the player pool for Yahoo is really screwing the pooch this year. :-b


Color me shocked... I am surprised that they will remove it... Now how long until it actually gets removed...
posty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 94
(Past Year: 30)
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bjm43079 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 am

Third Day wrote:
Yahoo could have spent some time and effort and done some worthwhile upgrades and we get this. I'm 65 years old and I really don't see the need for avatar policing. Genie, I love ya but you guy are making ESPN look better and better.


I couldn't agree with you more. As you can see from reading the forums, Yahoo! has had several issues with their launch this year. It has been just about a week since they launched and immediately took down the Pro Leagues. The only response that I have seen is that they will be back soon (whatever that means) and that they were taken down because the Yahoo! legal team didn't have a chance to review the legal rules or something like that. I don't believe that is all that happened but let's say that is the only issue. Why does it take a week to review and approve something that you should already have in place in the Pro Leagues for the other fantasy sports? I am giving them to the end of the day to have the Pro Leagues up or I will just give up on Yahoo! and their issues and move to another provider. Why would I give them money for something like this? No official communication, explanation or time frame. Also, I am not going to risk not getting into a good league or a specific draft time because I waited around for them to get their act together.
bjm43079
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 34
Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HotRephoantee, joiingds and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact