Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Still no new prospects added.

I anticipate Tavares, Yelich, Hicks, Rondon, Walker, Martinez, Wheeler, Paxton, Fernandez, and maybe a few more to be added but when?

Rondon, Wheeler...and even Soler are already in there.

Sorry, I meant Tim not Zack Wheeler.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby snash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 am

Bravos of Steel wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:Mr. Genie - 2 questions on the mocks:

1. Have the avatars gone away for good? They were one of the things that made Yahoo's mocks unique and more interesting to look at.

2. There's a recurring issue with the mocks not launching on their own. You have to manually refresh the lobby page in order to activate the mock button on the screen to start it up.

Thank you.

I agree on #2. With all of the mocks that I do, it loads up, and I have to refresh when the Green bar is nearly full. By the time I actually get into the draft, most of the 1st round is over

Wait until half the loading bar is green, then click reload. Do NOT wait for the whole bar, it would have taken too long by then. Just something that I picked up as I've been doing these mock drafts and get frustrated.
snash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 am

Can someone describe what exactly is happening to you in detail with mock drafts? I'm pretty sure that we have no bug filed on this issue. I doubt anyone can answer for sure yet, but do you know if it is somehow specific to mocks, or are you having trouble entering real drafts?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Can someone describe what exactly is happening to you in detail with mock drafts? I'm pretty sure that we have no bug filed on this issue. I doubt anyone can answer for sure yet, but do you know if it is somehow specific to mocks, or are you having trouble entering real drafts?

both, its as described - when the waiting room timer reaches zero and the bar starts to load it says please wait the draft room is loading this may take 2 minutes. The bar itself takes about 3-4 minutes to fill but nothing happens beyond that and no draft room is launched. Yoou need to manually refresh the page after the draft room is available to get the button that says click here to enter the live draft. That seems to be the only way to get into them, mock or real. And everyone I have drafted with has said they have the same issue.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby Slayer Rules » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:15 pm

snash wrote:
Bravos of Steel wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:Wait until half the loading bar is green, then click reload. Do NOT wait for the whole bar, it would have taken too long by then. Just something that I picked up as I've been doing these mock drafts and get frustrated.

Which is precisely the problem. If you have to stand up, sit down and then spin in a semicricle for 5 seconds (the equivalent of what you're having to do now to launch a mock) you're going to have tons of autopickers in these mocks, which is what we have. They're simply not working correctly.

Genie - I sent in a complaint for this last night on 'Help'.

The problem is happening in the waiting room, when the time left to the launch goes to zero. The little bar starts to fill up as usual. The problem is that the mock is not launching by itself when the bar gets to "full". The page either freezes or on rare occasion the "launch draft" button appears, which you have to operate manually.

Sure - you can launch the draft manually and that's not much of a problem. However - if you're not sitting and staring at your screen waiting for your mock to start it could be awhile before you realize you can manully enter the draft. It's happened to me several times where I get involved in comething else and then go back to my mock page, only to realize it had launched several minutes ago (except it didn't of course because I would have had to manually launch it).

The only way around it is what snash said above: manually refresh your waiting room page when the load bar is about halfway full. That forces the "launch draft" button to appear and then you can manually launch.

Bottom line is the mocks are not launching automatically as designed.

PS - I am allowing popups from yahoo fantasy basbeall, so that is not the issue...
Last edited by Slayer Rules on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah my issue is slightly different. It sounds like everyone else is able to eventually get into the draft room, but I am never able to get into the draft room. I click the link and the green bar loads almost all the way then a message pops up in the same window that it was unable to load, which happens every time.

Others have suggested in the past it might be something with my school's wifi/network but I am able to do the drafts on the school's computers, which runs the same internet. I tried all trouble-shooting advice tips that Yahoo provides but nothing works. Was just looking to see if anyone had the issue or if it is something completely specific to my laptop--which in that case, I'm not sure there is anything else to do.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Also having the same issue as Izenhart. FWIW, I'm running on Firefox.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby bballislife17 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm

[quote="Arrowhead Nation"][quote="Havok1517"]Still no new prospects added.

I anticipate Tavares, Yelich, Hicks, Rondon, Walker, Martinez, Wheeler, Paxton, Fernandez, and maybe a few more to be added but when?[/quote]

Rondon, Wheeler...and even Soler are already in there.[/quote]

Don't they only add players on the 40 man roster?
bballislife17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

bballislife17 wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Still no new prospects added.

I anticipate Tavares, Yelich, Hicks, Rondon, Walker, Martinez, Wheeler, Paxton, Fernandez, and maybe a few more to be added but when?

Rondon, Wheeler...and even Soler are already in there.

Don't they only add players on the 40 man roster?

I don't believe that is always the case
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Just from the Royals I know it is not the case. Last season Mike Montgomery was in the database...and he never saw the 40-man while in KC...same thing with Wil Myers.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers