Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Montana168 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:Do we still not know anything about guys like Taveras not being in the player pool?

Nope, they have yet to fix the Wil Myers glitch. Yahoo opened on Thursday night, so I'm guessing who ever is in charge of the player pool does not work weekends. :-D

Typically, when there is a batch of new players (specifically minor leagues players), they are added early in the morning (~5 AM EST) when everything switches over for the next day. So my guess (and only a guess) is that we'll see at least one relatively large (~15 players) batch of minor league players added sometime this week. I am basing that on what they have done in the past 1-2 years and what Genie said.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby posty » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Montana168 wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:Do we still not know anything about guys like Taveras not being in the player pool?

Nope, they have yet to fix the Wil Myers glitch. Yahoo opened on Thursday night, so I'm guessing who ever is in charge of the player pool does not work weekends. :-D

Typically, when there is a batch of new players (specifically minor leagues players), they are added early in the morning (~5 AM EST) when everything switches over for the next day. So my guess (and only a guess) is that we'll see at least one relatively large (~15 players) batch of minor league players added sometime this week. I am basing that on what they have done in the past 1-2 years and what Genie said.

The Wil Myers "glitch" won't be fixed... He will be staying C/OF the entire season... I have never seen Yahoo remove someone from a position once the initial list is released...
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:18 pm

I think he was referring more to the fact that he is listed on the wrong team.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby posty » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:I think he was referring more to the fact that he is listed on the wrong team.

Gotcha...
Softball Supervisor

Postby Montana168 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

posty wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:I think he was referring more to the fact that he is listed on the wrong team.

Gotcha...

Exactly, thanks Arrowhead. Yeah I was referring to the fact that Myers is listed with KC when he was traded to TB a month ago.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Still no new prospects added.

I anticipate Tavares, Yelich, Hicks, Rondon, Walker, Martinez, Wheeler, Paxton, Fernandez, and maybe a few more to be added but when?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Still no new prospects added.

I anticipate Tavares, Yelich, Hicks, Rondon, Walker, Martinez, Wheeler, Paxton, Fernandez, and maybe a few more to be added but when?

Rondon, Wheeler...and even Soler are already in there.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Still no new prospects added.

Rondon, Wheeler...and even Soler are already in there.

Yes, I did see Rondon. Soler and Wheeler I didn't.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby bayside » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm

For some reason I am not getting any email notifications in one of my leagues (ID# 22995).
This is my 3rd year as the commish of this league and I never even received the notification to renew the league.
I checked my spam filter and trash folders for all 3 email addresses I have used in the past for Yahoo Fantasy, and none of them contained any messages from that particular league.
The only reason I even knew Yahoo was open for league renewals is becasue someone sent me an invite to join a different league, and there was a link to the league in question at the top of that email.

So after accidentally stumbling upon the renewal page and getting everything set up, I changed my email preference hoping that would fix the problem. However I still am not getting any email notifications.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana168 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Anyone else having issues loading the Mock Draft Application on a MacBook Pro? I have this problem every year and I can never figure out what is wrong. I do ALL the recommended trouble-shooting tips that Yahoo recommends but it never works. I always have to do them on the University's Windows computers--frustrating. :-C
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers