Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bixo9 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 am

danopkt wrote:I play in leagues with weekly lineup changes and one thing that always annoys me is that when you get stuck with a guy in your lineup for the week who gets hurt on a Monday or Tuesday. The worst is when a player gets hurt late on a Sunday night in a West Coast game. If you're on the East Coast like most of my leagues' members are, you really don't have much of a chance to react. Switching the lineup changes to Monday can help because there are fewer games on Mondays, but you can still run into the same problem no matter when you set it for.

I think it would make sense to have an league setting that if activated, would allow managers to swap out injured players mid week.

Fully agree on both suggestions for weekly formats.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slayer Rules » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Mr. Genie - 2 questions on the mocks:

1. Have the avatars gone away for good? They were one of the things that made Yahoo's mocks unique and more interesting to look at.

2. There's a recurring issue with the mocks not launching on their own. You have to manually refresh the lobby page in order to activate the mock button on the screen to start it up.

Thank you.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:Mr. Genie - 2 questions on the mocks:

1. Have the avatars gone away for good? They were one of the things that made Yahoo's mocks unique and more interesting to look at.

2. There's a recurring issue with the mocks not launching on their own. You have to manually refresh the lobby page in order to activate the mock button on the screen to start it up.

Thank you.

I agree on #2. With all of the mocks that I do, it loads up, and I have to refresh when the Green bar is nearly full. By the time I actually get into the draft, most of the 1st round is over
Beautiful, Beautiful Family Guy

Lois: You're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.
Bravos of Steel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bayside » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 pm

bayside wrote:this is something that Ender just reminded me of in another thread:

can one of the options for pitching categories be "Saves + Holds"?
it would be great for leagues that want to place more value on middle relievers but that dont want to add an entire extra category (holds) and create imbalance between pitching/hitting stats.

It also better rewards owners who have the most talented RP's, rather than the owners who simply have the most (often times) crappy closers.

The Genie comes through again! happy to find that this is now an option on Yahoo.
Thanks Genie!

and just heads up on another small issue:
on the message board the link generator and image generator do not seem to be working. may just be some leagues or an interment issue but just thought i'd make you aware of the problem in case you weren't already.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:11 pm

I have a request. on the page where you post messages. it would be nice to either have a preview so you could preview your message before posting it, or an edit so you can edit your message.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby higherpie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm going to post the "glitch" I noticed here (originally in the "Yahoo is OPEN!" thread) in the hopes that Genie sees it and, most importantly, agrees with me!

When using the "Wait Until Called Up" setting for the player pool, players such as Yasmani Grandal and Carlos Ruiz who will start the year suspended are not in the player pool at all (they are in the player pool when using the "As Soon as Yahoo Adds Them" setting).

I understand (I think) why they are missing: they aren't on "active 40-man rosters" due to their suspensions. However, I don't think excluding them from the pool is in the spirit of what the "Wait" setting is intended for. They both have major league service time, and are not minor-league prospects. I believe they should both be in the player pool, and should therefore be draftable and keepable from day one despite their suspensions.
Last edited by higherpie on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppernob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:39 am

I have a question maybe someone can answer

I have been running a keeper league for years and on the front page there are various tabs: Near "Standings" - "schedules" -"Play Offs" is a fourth tab "All Time" that allows us to go back to results of the last 10 years of our league.

I am a manager in a keeper league going into it's second year but the "all times" tab is not visible. Do e have to wait for all the managers to signup before it becomes visible or Is this a commissioner thing?
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jonboy418 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 am

Regarding the "remaining games (proj)" projections, under the player tab. There is a column that shows H/AB* that is non-scored stat.

I am only seeing the Hits projections, not the At-Bats projections. Since I'm in a league that used OBP, I'm not able to determine what Yahoo! is projecting in terms of AB. That's an issue for me since I want to see what type of impact a good OBP will have player vs. player. Any one else have this problem. In 2012, I believe the AB projection was included.
jonboy418
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am

Do we still not know anything about guys like Taveras not being in the player pool?
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby oscar15 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 am

If I want FAAB process to run on Sunday morning and have First Come First Serve run from 1pm until midnight (or until yahoo changes over to the next week) how do I accomplish this?

Weekly h2h points league

thanks
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers