Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 pm

It's been mentioned a few times, but I will do so again to hopefully push this up the stack in terms of priorities.

My league has paid $150-$200 a year to CBS for the last decade simply because they have a deep minor league database which is easily integrated into the league and they have extensive customization of league settings/options

I can't understand why Yahoo seemingly refuses to make more of a push to cater to dynasty/keeper leagues
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1361
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 19 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby higherpie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:It's been mentioned a few times, but I will do so again to hopefully push this up the stack in terms of priorities.

My league has paid $150-$200 a year to CBS for the last decade simply because they have a deep minor league database which is easily integrated into the league and they have extensive customization of league settings/options

I can't understand why Yahoo seemingly refuses to make more of a push to cater to dynasty/keeper leagues


My league (going into its 11th year using Yahoo) also has minors rosters (and a few other things) that we have to manage outside of Yahoo. We've gotten pretty good at it and used to it with the help of GSheets and some of Bwanna's Greasemonkey scripts, but of course, anything that could be incorporated into Yahoo would be awesome.

I'd also love to have year-round access, as mentioned several times here.

Thanks for everything, Genie!
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 113
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm

higherpie wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:It's been mentioned a few times, but I will do so again to hopefully push this up the stack in terms of priorities.

My league has paid $150-$200 a year to CBS for the last decade simply because they have a deep minor league database which is easily integrated into the league and they have extensive customization of league settings/options

I can't understand why Yahoo seemingly refuses to make more of a push to cater to dynasty/keeper leagues


My league (going into its 11th year using Yahoo) also has minors rosters (and a few other things) that we have to manage outside of Yahoo. We've gotten pretty good at it and used to it with the help of GSheets and some of Bwanna's Greasemonkey scripts, but of course, anything that could be incorporated into Yahoo would be awesome.

I'd also love to have year-round access, as mentioned several times here.

Thanks for everything, Genie!


Many major companies block google documents, so that's not an option for our league since most of our guys work in finance and stuff. I can't imagine it would be a huge undertaking to do it. If CBS can get access to the larger database, I don't know why Yahoo wouldn't be able to. So I think it's just prioritizing other improvements over the keeper/dynasty folks who want deeper rosters. Obviously Yahoo has looked at it and figure that the leagues they lose to CBS isn't worth the effort/time/money it would cost to get to parity.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1361
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 19 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby JRRNeiklot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 am

I'd like to see an option for a random draft order in mock drafts.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 503
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 15 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, and I'll try and explain it right.

if you know a game is going to be postponed ahead of the scheduled start time you can take any player from that postponed game out of a starting spot and put in someone else.
if a game is postponed after the scheduled start time, any players from that game are locked in to that starting spot and can't be removed.
could it be an option to remove a player from a starting spot even after the scheduled time of a game once it has been postponed?
a game is scheduled for 1:05. it's 1:20 and the game is now postponed. player X is now locked into a starting spot, but obviously wont be playing in this game. this game will not be played on this day, so couldn't it be an option to remove players from games that are PPD even after the scheduled start time?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 91)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Montana168 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, and I'll try and explain it right.

if you know a game is going to be postponed ahead of the scheduled start time you can take any player from that postponed game out of a starting spot and put in someone else.
if a game is postponed after the scheduled start time, any players from that game are locked in to that starting spot and can't be removed.
could it be an option to remove a player from a starting spot even after the scheduled time of a game once it has been postponed?
a game is scheduled for 1:05. it's 1:20 and the game is now postponed. player X is now locked into a starting spot, but obviously wont be playing in this game. this game will not be played on this day, so couldn't it be an option to remove players from games that are PPD even after the scheduled start time?


I second this. It is a pain having to spend time on making a decision of whether to roll with your studs when there is shaky weather and risk the PPD and a 0 for those stats, or to start one of your lesser-quality bench players that is playing in a dome/good weather.
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1458
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby rich101682 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet.

My email address is correct when I check my Yahoo profile. I receive emails when I'm offered trades or when trades I offer are rejected just fine. And when I complete a trade, I get a notification email. But for some reason, I never receive emails letting me know when anyone else in my league accepts a trade. Now I assume that since I get some emails from Yahoo, it's not a spam/blocked issue. I can't figure it out and it's been like this for 2 seasons now. I have the same problem in Football.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 841
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 24 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby oscar15 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
jsphlly wrote:Option to have waivers/FAAB acquisitions clear at specific days/times with all players being waivers (not free agents). Bids can be placed anytime, but the waiver process only runs say Sunday night at 7:00 and Thursday night at 7:00.

As my league mates and I have aged, not all of us can run to the computer when a closer gets injured anymore. This option levels the playing field.

Love Yahoo but went to ESPN mainly for this last year.

This one I can also quickly address. We actually added this *this* season, but we added it mid-season which made it difficult for many leagues to move to. I had seen this request enough, and learned to appreciate the goal of it, so I figured I would just implement it while I had some spare time. So all four full games have this feature now. You can't specify the time that waivers run; they still run in response to overnight stats as they do now. But you can choose from 1-7 days of the week when you want them to run.


May I ask if we can apply it to Free Agents as well as Players on Waivers?
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 560
(Past Year: 21)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bayside » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 am

Montana168 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, and I'll try and explain it right.

if you know a game is going to be postponed ahead of the scheduled start time you can take any player from that postponed game out of a starting spot and put in someone else.
if a game is postponed after the scheduled start time, any players from that game are locked in to that starting spot and can't be removed.
could it be an option to remove a player from a starting spot even after the scheduled time of a game once it has been postponed?
a game is scheduled for 1:05. it's 1:20 and the game is now postponed. player X is now locked into a starting spot, but obviously wont be playing in this game. this game will not be played on this day, so couldn't it be an option to remove players from games that are PPD even after the scheduled start time?


I second this. It is a pain having to spend time on making a decision of whether to roll with your studs when there is shaky weather and risk the PPD and a 0 for those stats, or to start one of your lesser-quality bench players that is playing in a dome/good weather.

Once a player's game is designated as "PPD" that player should be unlocked and then become editable for the remainder of the day regardless of scheduled start time. Shouldnt be too difficult to code this.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1344
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby danopkt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:21 am

I play in leagues with weekly lineup changes and one thing that always annoys me is when you get stuck with a guy in your lineup for the week who gets hurt on a Monday or Tuesday. The worst is when a player gets hurt late on a Sunday night in a West Coast game. If you're on the East Coast like most of my leagues' members are, you really don't have much of a chance to react. Switching the lineup changes to Monday can help because there are fewer games on Mondays, but you can still run into the same problem no matter when you set it for.

I think it would make sense to have a league setting that if activated, would allow managers to swap out injured players mid week.

EDIT: proofreading fail, fixed some typos
Last edited by danopkt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
danopkt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 21
Joined: 8 Jan 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact