Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Bwanna » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 pm

1) Ability to keep maintain farm rosters for keeper leagues - players that you own but haven't yet promoted. We do that now with a Google spreadsheet and a Greasemonkey script helps by highlighting them on Yahoo. It's still a problem for people that don't use the GM script because they accidentally pick up players that are on others farm teams. That would be a huge help.

2) Display hits and AB's, and innings pitched with all the other stats, especially on the match up pages. There's a lot of context missing if your opponent has an ERA of 5.40 but you don't they only have 1.2 innings so far.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bayside » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am

I'd first like to sat that I love that the archive is now easily accessible year round. Having quick access to draft results and final rosters makes keeper leagues much easier to maintain than before.

Now for improvements I would like to see:

1) like Bwana mentioned, it would be very helpful to display Innings Pitched and Hits/AB's on the team and matchup page.

2) Having the option in H2H leagues to limit the # of SP starts made per match up.
Would be a perfect compliment to the present option that allows the commish to choose the number of FA adds per week.
I know there were worries about how this could potentially be exploited (like the "add a dozen SP on the last day of the season" loophole for the max innings pitched option), but i have several ideas on how the setting could work without those problems.

If its something that Yahoo seriously considers I would be happy to share a few ideas.

3) customizeable playoff schedules.
For example it would be great to be able to choose when playoffs begin, the length of each matchup, and how teams getting a bye are determined, among other options
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 am

lil pop up player info window... it has useless info on game scores. use that space to display their last few games stats instead.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Urban Cohorts » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 am

bayside wrote:2) Having the option in H2H leagues to limit the # of SP starts made per match up.
Would be a perfect compliment to the present option that allows the commish to choose the number of FA adds per week.
I know there were worries about how this could potentially be exploited (like the "add a dozen SP on the last day of the season" loophole for the max innings pitched option), but i have several ideas on how the setting could work without those problems.

Either this (but you would also have to add a maximum # of RP appearances too) or allow us to set a maximum number of IP for the week in our H2H leagues. Once you go over the maximum IP for the week your pitching stats stop accumulating. This could be done in a number of ways. Once you hit the cap for the week, any pitching stats on the following day(s) would not count. Or you could stop accumulating stats the moment you go over the limit (tougher to do). Or you could make it so that you would not get credit for a starter who pitches 9 innings when you only have 8 innings left for the week.

Anything to add in a limit to the amount of innings.

You can have the best pitching staff in the league and lose Wins + K consistently if you are outnumbered in the IP department. To make matters worse, teams usually have a high number of bench SP if they have a setting that limits maximum roster moves per week. This creates a scramble on Sunday/Saturday mornings for quick SP adds (to add upcoming double-start SP and to try to win the counting stats on Sunday) while decreasing the amount of hitters being added (because the extra at-bats are microscopic in comparison).

Allow leagues to use daily moves and set daily lineups for hitters while using weekly lineups for pitchers. That would also solve the issue I have with no limit on IP or SP starts.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 am

bayside wrote:2) Having the option in H2H leagues to limit the # of SP starts made per match up.

If its something that Yahoo seriously considers I would be happy to share a few ideas.

3) customizeable playoff schedules.
For example it would be great to be able to choose when playoffs begin, the length of each matchup, and how teams getting a bye are determined, among other options

For the love of God yes to both of these. Until the 1st is implemented, I just can't go back to Yahoo with a H2H Points League.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:lil pop up player info window... it has useless info on game scores. use that space to display their last few games stats instead.

This ^. That popup could be very useful if it showed the game stat log - right now the only space on it that is useful is the player note.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 am

On the subject of player notes, I don't like the fact that the most recent player notes aren't viewable once the tab color changes from yellow to white. The last note on a player is usually the most significant, it would be nice to keep that one posted and linked to the player profile until a new one is made.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Postby medium_robin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

Bwanna wrote:1) Ability to keep maintain farm rosters for keeper leagues - players that you own but haven't yet promoted. We do that now with a Google spreadsheet and a Greasemonkey script helps by highlighting them on Yahoo. It's still a problem for people that don't use the GM script because they accidentally pick up players that are on others farm teams. That would be a huge help.

I second this request. It would be an awesome feature. We have a "Prospect List" in my keeper league. Last year I had Stanton and Lawrie on my list but not always on my team. Due to O-Rank they were always at the top of the FA list. It gets confusing to track prospects of 8 or 9 other teams.
medium_robin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby dannahann » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm

First off, you all consistently get better all the time so thanks! Now, a few things I would like to see:
1) Make the rankings pertinent to custom league settings as CBS and (apparently) ESPN do. You all do it for points based fantasy football already so I assume you could do it for roto leagues that aren't 5x5 as well.
2) Include more options than just 'season to date', 'pastmonth', and 'past week' in the rankings. I'd like to also see a 'last two weeks' and 'last 6 weeks' option as well as projected stats for those upcoming periods.
3) Provide a way to cut n paste more than 25 players at time when pulling stats off our league pages to use in our own in season tools. (maybe a download to excel option?).
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby GRIN » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:04 pm

dannahann wrote:3) Provide a way to cut n paste more than 25 players at time when pulling stats off our league pages to use in our own in season tools. (maybe a download to excel option?).

Excellent idea!
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers