100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer for Gaming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm

jfg wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:FYI, I received the wireless 360 controller adapter for Christmas and it works great.

Just hooked mine all up and worked great. Biggest adjustment is re-adjusting myself to the 360 controller from the PS3 controller. The graphics of FIFA on the PC are so superior to that of the PS3 it's not even funny. So much crisper, clearer, and the colors even seem more vibrant.

Yeah I've been playing Arkham City this week and the detail on the PC is amazing and I'm only playing at 720p. It blows the same game on PS3 at 1080p out of the water. The next consoles still won't be able to match what your PC is capable of. I'll have to make a video card upgrade sometime in the next year as I went cheap to save on the initial cost, but that's still cheaper than a console.

What type of calibrating should I do, if any? I am able to run FIFA smooth as can be at max settings, but you had mentioned something in a previous post. also the XBOX wireless controller works great. Absolutely loving it right now.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 am

This is what I use.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

The third option would be what you want for a PC and then get a free program like VLC to play the files accurately to tweak your PC settings. Calibration is kind of tricky though, it took me awhile to perfect it. Also, I wouldn't change your TV settings unless you are able to change video settings for each separate input. There will be one color option that you can't do without blue filter glasses. Contrast and brightness are your main concerns though. The only reason I mentioned it though was because my PC picture looked awful due to settings preloaded with my AMD card. If it looks good, maybe you don't want to go down this road, but a calibrated picture looks pretty awesome. It may look dark at first and doesn't have the showroom contrast pop, but once you get past that and see the detail you won't go back to factory settings or what your eye tells you looks good.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 am

jfg wrote:This is what I use.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

The third option would be what you want for a PC and then get a free program like VLC to play the files accurately to tweak your PC settings. Calibration is kind of tricky though, it took me awhile to perfect it. Also, I wouldn't change your TV settings unless you are able to change video settings for each separate input. There will be one color option that you can't do without blue filter glasses. Contrast and brightness are your main concerns though. The only reason I mentioned it though was because my PC picture looked awful due to settings preloaded with my AMD card. If it looks good, maybe you don't want to go down this road, but a calibrated picture looks pretty awesome. It may look dark at first and doesn't have the showroom contrast pop, but once you get past that and see the detail you won't go back to factory settings or what your eye tells you looks good.

Yeah it looks beautiful so I'm not gonna screw around with all of this, methinks. Any other advice for things I should look to do with a new machine?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby jfg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Not that I can think of.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby fantee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 am

Playing FIFA 14 is probably the only thing I will do with the machine aside from browse the internet. sometimes i think i am wasting a lot time. i should work hard. anybody has this thought?
fantee
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk