Computer for Gaming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer for Gaming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

www.slickdeals.net

Just keep an eye out there, something will pop up. They also have a Twitter account you can follow that posts all the best deals.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 430)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:25 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:http://www.slickdeals.net

Just keep an eye out there, something will pop up. They also have a Twitter account you can follow that posts all the best deals.

Is this going to be able to play at a high resolution and not lag?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... m6vr34fBaQ
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:http://www.slickdeals.net

Just keep an eye out there, something will pop up. They also have a Twitter account you can follow that posts all the best deals.

Is this going to be able to play at a high resolution and not lag?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... m6vr34fBaQ


I think you could get a better, cheaper desktop pretty easily. The hdd and graphics card are what's going to limit you. SSDs are a huge upgrade but I'm not sure how many cheap desktops are coming with those. You could always buy your own and swap it yourself though. Google graphics card hierarchy to get an idea of how good the cards are, I couldn't tell you myself.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 430)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:http://www.slickdeals.net

Just keep an eye out there, something will pop up. They also have a Twitter account you can follow that posts all the best deals.

Is this going to be able to play at a high resolution and not lag?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... m6vr34fBaQ


I think you could get a better, cheaper desktop pretty easily. The hdd and graphics card are what's going to limit you. SSDs are a huge upgrade but I'm not sure how many cheap desktops are coming with those. You could always buy your own and swap it yourself though. Google graphics card hierarchy to get an idea of how good the cards are, I couldn't tell you myself.
Is it possible to hook a desktop right into a TV via HDMI and only have it play on that as if it's the default monitor? Also, I'd have to by a wifi card for most desktops, I assume?
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Is this going to be able to play at a high resolution and not lag?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... m6vr34fBaQ


I think you could get a better, cheaper desktop pretty easily. The hdd and graphics card are what's going to limit you. SSDs are a huge upgrade but I'm not sure how many cheap desktops are coming with those. You could always buy your own and swap it yourself though. Google graphics card hierarchy to get an idea of how good the cards are, I couldn't tell you myself.
Is it possible to hook a desktop right into a TV via HDMI and only have it play on that as if it's the default monitor? Also, I'd have to by a wifi card for most desktops, I assume?


As long as the graphics card supports hdmi it'll work. You'd probably need a WiFi card if you can't hook up by Ethernet. Again it'll just depend on what you find.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 430)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Is this going to be able to play at a high resolution and not lag?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... m6vr34fBaQ


I think you could get a better, cheaper desktop pretty easily. The hdd and graphics card are what's going to limit you. SSDs are a huge upgrade but I'm not sure how many cheap desktops are coming with those. You could always buy your own and swap it yourself though. Google graphics card hierarchy to get an idea of how good the cards are, I couldn't tell you myself.
Is it possible to hook a desktop right into a TV via HDMI and only have it play on that as if it's the default monitor? Also, I'd have to by a wifi card for most desktops, I assume?
man you really like those dog shows.

Go online, fry's electronics, tell em what you want it too do, tell em to add a tv tuner card and some dvd software,they'll build it and ship it.

Heck you're a smart guy. Building em is just like legos, and cheaper too..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 732)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm

wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
I think you could get a better, cheaper desktop pretty easily. The hdd and graphics card are what's going to limit you. SSDs are a huge upgrade but I'm not sure how many cheap desktops are coming with those. You could always buy your own and swap it yourself though. Google graphics card hierarchy to get an idea of how good the cards are, I couldn't tell you myself.
Is it possible to hook a desktop right into a TV via HDMI and only have it play on that as if it's the default monitor? Also, I'd have to by a wifi card for most desktops, I assume?
man you really like those dog shows.

Go online, fry's electronics, tell em what you want it too do, tell em to add a tv tuner card and some dvd software,they'll build it and ship it.

Heck you're a smart guy. Building em is just like legos, and cheaper too..


Ya, I've built 3 now, each one for about $600 and way better than anything you could buy for that price. A little riskier but it's pretty darn easy.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 430)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Is it possible to hook a desktop right into a TV via HDMI and only have it play on that as if it's the default monitor? Also, I'd have to by a wifi card for most desktops, I assume?
man you really like those dog shows.

Go online, fry's electronics, tell em what you want it too do, tell em to add a tv tuner card and some dvd software,they'll build it and ship it.

Heck you're a smart guy. Building em is just like legos, and cheaper too..


Ya, I've built 3 now, each one for about $600 and way better than anything you could buy for that price. A little riskier but it's pretty darn easy.
The only thing I've ever done inside a computer is install a video card and extra RAM, and that was 7 or so years ago under the supervision of somebody who knew WTF they were doing. It's just something I don't screw around with, because I just know so little about.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Re: Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:because I just know so little about.
Google is your friend.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31781
(Past Year: 732)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 am

You probably could build a gaming PC for ~$500-550 that can handle decent resolutions for games, but that all depends on if you have the time and patience to build one.

If not, you should still be able to find a decent enough PC that will handle FIFA well enough.

lastingsgriller wrote:I love FIFA. I don't even know what the heck modding is. but, If you ever get up on the PS3, hit me up sometime. I'm sure you can figure out my user name.


I prefer FIFA on PC for the customization. There's truly no better platform for FIFA than PC. Unfortunately, I can't get most folks in my inner circle to play on the PC and most times on 360, I'm just playing Ultimate Team. That, or career mode with a Championship/League One side.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21943
(Past Year: 676)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact