Computer for Gaming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer for Gaming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Can anybody point me in the direction of a laptop I could get that will allow me to play FIFA 13 and hook into my 72" TV via HDMI? I don't need anything crazy, just something that will run that game smoothly and look good. Playing FIFA is probably the only thing I will do with the machine aside from browse the internet. Is this possible for me to do for $400 or less? Am I dreaming?

Thoughts?

EDIT -- actually on second thought, a desktop would probably be cheaper and easier. I could just leave it hooked up to the TV and switch to it via Source the same way I do a blu ray player.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Computer for Gaming

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Sony makes a computer called the PS3 for that price. I'm pretty sure that will suit your needs.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Re: Computer for Gaming

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Sony makes a computer called the PS3 for that price. I'm pretty sure that will suit your needs.
I enjoy modding, and PS3 unfortunately won't let me scratch that itch. I used to do the NBA Live series years ago, but FIFA has some incredible patches and mods available for the PC version only that would make the game a lot more enjoyable. Given the amount of time I spent playing the game each year, it seems to be a reasonable investment.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:Sony makes a computer called the PS3 for that price. I'm pretty sure that will suit your needs.
I enjoy modding, and PS3 unfortunately won't let me scratch that itch. I used to do the NBA Live series years ago, but FIFA has some incredible patches and mods available for the PC version only that would make the game a lot more enjoyable. Given the amount of time I spent playing the game each year, it seems to be a reasonable investment.

I love FIFA. I don't even know what the heck modding is. but, If you ever get up on the PS3, hit me up sometime. I'm sure you can figure out my user name.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 am

bigh0rt wrote: hook into my 72" TV

Sounds like someone is trying to make up for a deficiency in another area ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 am

Fifa. What the heck is that? It's that dog show right?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 am

wrveres wrote:Fifa. What the heck is that? It's that dog show right?

It's ghetto language for 5 dollars of crack, grandpa ;-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I love FIFA. I don't even know what the heck modding is. but, If you ever get up on the PS3, hit me up sometime. I'm sure you can figure out my user name.
They double the resolution on many of the graphics, making them much clearer and crisper, update the kits and make them more accurate and up to date, unlock all of the boots, add dozens more to the database and assign them accurately to each player, update stadiums, player faces, custom gears/tattoos, crowd chants, little things like referee uniforms, the ad banners on the sidelines, and even modify gameplay -- one guy modified the game engine so that players regain energy at a slower and more reasonable rate in career mode, and changed the pre-season to 6 Friendlies that allow 11 substitutes in each, so more opportunity to play the younger players who are developing. The last thing I saw last night was somebody trying to tweak how the CPU AI defends. What's nice is these loons do all the crazy legwork and set it up so you can just run an exe file and boom, it's in your game. It's insane the amount of things they do, and it just leads to an overall more pleasing game for me.

I've never played anybody online, but I'll check you out next time I'm on.

AussieDodger wrote:Sounds like someone is trying to make up for a deficiency in another area ;-7
You got that right. Wait, what?
wrveres wrote:ifa. What the heck is that? It's that dog show right?
It's definitely best in show.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am

I've heard so much great stuff about FIFA that I had to go out and get it. Don't get it. Almost as boring as watching it live. I'll stick with NHL 11 and NHL 12, think that NHL13 is under the tree waiting for me right now. Going to look for a good baseball game for ps3.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I've heard so much great stuff about FIFA that I had to go out and get it. Don't get it. Almost as boring as watching it live. I'll stick with NHL 11 and NHL 12, think that NHL13 is under the tree waiting for me right now. Going to look for a good baseball game for ps3.

Is NHL 13 just a bunch of guys playing in Russia and vacationing in the Caribbean?

FIFA is the only game I've played in the last 5 years and it's got me hooked.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk