Do I trade Moustakas ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Do I trade Moustakas ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I trade Moustakas ?

Postby Rally Cat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 am

I've been offered two trades from two different GM's.
First offer Desmond Jennings 5.00 and Phil Hughes 10.00 He is asking for Moustakas 5.00 and Fernando Rodney 1.00
I asked if he would give me another player instead of Hughes. I don't think I would keep him at 10.00
I might be able to get a pick.

Second offer Eric Hosmer 5.00 and Hultzen ( minor leaguer ) for Moustakas

Jennings, Moustakas and Hosmer will go back in the draft pool after the 2013 season unless they are extended. Extentions are 5.00 per year, can only be extended once and must be done a week before we draft.
I would extend Moustakas for one year if I kept him. Same with Jennings if I trade for him. Not sure about Hosmer.

Third base is weak as of right now. But of course nobody has commited rosters . If push came to shove I could put Keppinger at third base. I'm not a believer in position scaricity. I try to get the best players possible no matter where they play.
12 team AL only 260.00 cap 5 x 5 standard scoring. We can keep upto 8 players but don't have to keep 8.
Players in this league tend to go for high prices at the draft. Example. Miggy went for 50.00 Fielder and Albert went for 49.00
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do I trade Moustakas ?

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 am

Rally Cat wrote:Second offer Eric Hosmer 5.00 and Hultzen ( minor leaguer ) for Moustakas

Without knowing the full makeup of your team I'd probably make that deal.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Rally Cat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 am

My keepers are :

Moustakas 5.00 Would go to 10.00 if I keep him I would extend him a year. A keeper for 2013/14
Trout 5.00 He will get extended next year
Price 20.00 Was extended by previous owner. A keeper for 2013/14
Eric Aybar 15.00
Keppinger 8.00
Rodney 1.00
Casey Janssen 1.00
Esasmo Ramirez 1.00

Dunn 22.00 ? On the fence . Thats a lot of hrs and rbi . His price is decent given what the league pays. I'm trying to trade him. No takers yet but its early.

Hultzen does not count against keeper if he starts the season in the minors. Plus they are moving the fences in at Safeco.And I don't know enough about him.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 am

J35J wrote:
Rally Cat wrote:Second offer Eric Hosmer 5.00 and Hultzen ( minor leaguer ) for Moustakas

Without knowing the full makeup of your team I'd probably make that deal.

Same here. I like Hosmer more than Moustakas straight up so add in a solid SP prospect in Hultzen and I think I make that deal.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Rally Cat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm

hes upped his offer and is now including Grant Balfour 2.00 . So it would be Hosmer, Hultzen and balfour for Moustakas. What am I missing here? He apparently wants MM bad. That would give me three closers for a total of 4.00. I wonder if I could get reed out of him if he wants him that bad.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Rally Cat wrote:hes upped his offer and is now including Grant Balfour 2.00 . So it would be Hosmer, Hultzen and balfour for Moustakas. What am I missing here? He apparently wants MM bad. That would give me three closers for a total of 4.00. I wonder if I could get reed out of him if he wants him that bad.

Might as well try.

It could just be that he's fine at those positions and has nobody at 3B. This is a deep AL only league so 3B could be slim pickings if you don't have anyone. It just depends on the makeup of everyones teams to really determine what everyone is thinking.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Rally Cat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

He said no to the Reed part of the offer. Its Balfour . Something is holding me back from pulling the trigger on this deal.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby troutfan87 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 am

You said you're not a believer in position scarcity, and for that reason you should do the trade. Hosmer will bounce back and be better than Moustakas and then the other 2 guys are just bonus.
Keeper League/Points:
C-Jesus Montero
1B-Fielder/Rizzo
2B-Pedroia/Ackley
3B-Lawrie/Moustakas
SS-As Cabrera
OF-Trout/Myers/Marte/Taveras/Revere/Morse/Prado
SP-Moore/Bundy/Dan Hudson/Pineda/Hanson/Haren/Fister
RP-Jansen/Wilhelmson
troutfan87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surfs up » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 am

I'm just not sure Hosmer will be better than MM. Well nobody knows that for sure. I'm just trying to see what most everybody else would do in my shoes.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby Surfs up » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Here is his latest offer to me. He want MM (5.00 ) and AJ Pierzynski ( 2.00 ) . He is offering me Hosmer ( 5.00 ) and Addison Reed ( 2.00 )
I already have Rodney ( 1.00 ) and Casey Janssen( 1.00 ) That would mean I would have three closers going into the draft for a total of 4.00. I like AJ in his now ballpark. Thoughts? Maybe I'm better off taking the other offer of Hosmer, Bafour and Hultzen. Balfour scares me . Although he came back strong after faltering early.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions