Need some keeper help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need some keeper help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some keeper help

Postby ArthurMitchell » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I have been reading a lot here and I look forward to coming here often for more info. I am going into my second season of a dynasty keeper league. This is the first time I have ever done any fantasy league so im learning a lot as I go. The league I am in is 30 teams deep. My current roster is Ryan Hanigan, Jesus Gusman, Ryan Flaherty, Pablo Sandoval, Stephen Drew, Curtis Granderson, Martin Prado, Alex Rios, Jason Bay, Nyjer Morgan, Bronson Arroyo, Mike Leake, Doug Fister, Lance Lynn, Ervin Santana, Craig breslow, Jared Burton, Fernando Rodney, Jose Veras. On the bench is Cody Ransom, Tyler Chatwood, Bud Norris, Octavio Dotel, Brad Mills. My minors players I will be keeping are Stetson Allie, Andrew Chafin, Chris Withrow, Sebastian valle, Jorge Soler.

As of now im thinking of keeping drew, sandoval, granderson, prado, rios, fister, lynn, leake, norris.

I traded andrew cashner for stephen drew in the first few weeks of the off season. I would have kept cashner (at the time he had not had his hunting injury) but now im iffy that I want to keep drew. After that trade I made the deal to trade justin upton for prado/fister/norris.

Thanks for any help!
ArthurMitchell
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need some keeper help

Postby fast dogs » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 am

Are you only allowed a certain # of keepers? Does not keeping Drew open up a spot for someone else? What are the dynasty specs or is it more of a keeper league? Rodney might be a good option ahead of some of the 1's listed
On a side note I hope you are also playing in smaller leagues where you get more stars and there are tough choices with good options in the free agent pools. Nothing wrong with 30 team leagues but that is not how most people get started in fantasy.
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 305)

Postby ArthurMitchell » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 am

Sorry, thought i had that info in there. 10 keepers plus your minors guys and the one dynasty player.
ArthurMitchell
T-Ball Trainer

Postby MaudDib » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 am

Ryan Hanigan, Jesus Gusman, Ryan Flaherty, Pablo Sandoval ;-D , Stephen Drew ;-D , Curtis Granderson ;-D , Martin Prado ;-D , Alex Rios ;-D , Jason Bay, Nyjer Morgan, Bronson Arroyo, Mike Leake, Doug Fister ;-D , Lance Lynn ;-D , Ervin Santana ;-D , Craig breslow, Jared Burton, Fernando Rodney ;-D , Jose Veras. On the bench is Cody Ransom, Tyler Chatwood, Bud Norris, Octavio Dotel, Brad Mills. My minors players I will be keeping are Stetson Allie, Andrew Chafin, Chris Withrow, Sebastian valle, Jorge Soler.

As of now im thinking of keeping drew, sandoval, granderson, prado, rios, fister, lynn, leake, norris.

You have to keep Drew. In this deep of a league you Drew is a pretty good SS and I wouldn't want to take my chances of finding something better in the draft. If you really don't want him, someone will trade for him but personally I would keep him. I would also take Santana over Leake. Neither one is very good but Santana has a better shot of being better than what he was last year plus he should give you 170K. Last spot is probably Norris but I don't really like it. Flaherty could be interesting especially if he can play 2B, 3B and OF but playing time will be a question so hard to really keep him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

MaudDib wrote:Ryan Hanigan, Jesus Gusman, Ryan Flaherty, Pablo Sandoval ;-D , Stephen Drew ;-D , Curtis Granderson ;-D , Martin Prado ;-D , Alex Rios ;-D , Jason Bay, Nyjer Morgan, Bronson Arroyo, Mike Leake, Doug Fister ;-D , Lance Lynn ;-D , Ervin Santana ;-D , Craig breslow, Jared Burton, Fernando Rodney ;-D , Jose Veras. On the bench is Cody Ransom, Tyler Chatwood, Bud Norris, Octavio Dotel, Brad Mills. My minors players I will be keeping are Stetson Allie, Andrew Chafin, Chris Withrow, Sebastian valle, Jorge Soler.

You have to keep Drew. In this deep of a league you Drew is a pretty good SS and I wouldn't want to take my chances of finding something better in the draft. If you really don't want him, someone will trade for him but personally I would keep him. I would also take Santana over Leake. Neither one is very good but Santana has a better shot of being better than what he was last year plus he should give you 170K. You have to keep Rodney. Probably won't repeat last years numbers but closers will be very hard to find. Last spot is probably Norris but I don't really like it. Flaherty could be interesting especially if he can play 2B, 3B and OF but playing time will be a question so hard to really keep him.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Element » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:47 pm

^^nailed it
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 767)

Postby ArthurMitchell » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:12 am

MaudDib wrote:Ryan Hanigan, Jesus Gusman, Ryan Flaherty, Pablo Sandoval ;-D , Stephen Drew ;-D , Curtis Granderson ;-D , Martin Prado ;-D , Alex Rios ;-D , Jason Bay, Nyjer Morgan, Bronson Arroyo, Mike Leake, Doug Fister ;-D , Lance Lynn ;-D , Ervin Santana ;-D , Craig breslow, Jared Burton, Fernando Rodney ;-D , Jose Veras. On the bench is Cody Ransom, Tyler Chatwood, Bud Norris, Octavio Dotel, Brad Mills. My minors players I will be keeping are Stetson Allie, Andrew Chafin, Chris Withrow, Sebastian valle, Jorge Soler.

You have to keep Drew. In this deep of a league you Drew is a pretty good SS and I wouldn't want to take my chances of finding something better in the draft. If you really don't want him, someone will trade for him but personally I would keep him. I would also take Santana over Leake. Neither one is very good but Santana has a better shot of being better than what he was last year plus he should give you 170K. Last spot is probably Norris but I don't really like it. Flaherty could be interesting especially if he can play 2B, 3B and OF but playing time will be a question so hard to really keep him.

So sandoval, drew, granderson, prado, rios, fister, lynn, santana, rodney. Im not real interested in flaherty so its down to leake or norris. I would hate to keep leake to see him go to the bullpen with chapman joining the rotation, I see no value in leake as a reliever. The thing I do not like about norris is that he is not on a great team, I see lackluster defense causing him to be charged hits and runs. Another player im currious about is ryan hanigan, a catcher that plays everyday is valuable in this 30 team league, he averaged 7 points a week.
ArthurMitchell
T-Ball Trainer

Postby fast dogs » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 am

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Cardinals and Rangers have talked to the Astros about a trade for Bud Norris.
The Rangers make sense as they look to fill out their rotation, but the Cards would be a strange fit since they already have plenty of starting depth. Norris is arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, so the Astros could be looking to move him before he becomes too expensive
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
that news alone would make me hold Norris if you have to name your keepers sometime soon.
You'd also think Mesoraco could steal alot more AB's from Hanigan; he's gotta be better than what he show'd in '12
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 305)

Postby kaiser » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

ArthurMitchell wrote:Ryan Hanigan, Jesus Gusman, Ryan Flaherty, Pablo Sandoval ;-D , Stephen Drew ;-D , Curtis Granderson ;-D , Martin Prado ;-D , Alex Rios ;-D , Jason Bay, Nyjer Morgan, Bronson Arroyo, Mike Leake ;-D , Doug Fister, ;-D Lance Lynn ;-D , Ervin Santana ;-D , Craig breslow, Jared Burton, Fernando Rodney ;-D , Jose Veras. On the bench is Cody Ransom, Tyler Chatwood, Bud Norris, Octavio Dotel, Brad Mills.
Thanks for any help!
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 307)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Agree with the above and Norris last keeper especially if he gets dealt. Hold off.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1992)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions