Injured SP Sleepers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Injured SP Sleepers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Injured SP Sleepers?

Postby Tex34 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Izenhart wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:Who are the best low risk, high reward starting pitchers that will likely be returning from injury in 2013? I only play in keeper leagues so It's okay if they probably won't reach their full potential until 2014-15. Cory Luebke comes to mind. Any others?

Beachy, Pineda come to mind.

Agreed.
Tex34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:20 pm

So I got burned by Hudson and Luebke each needing another TJ surgery but I'm ready to roll the dice again. Who should I be looking at?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 82)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:57 pm

jeffmerk wrote:So I got burned by Hudson and Luebke each needing another TJ surgery but I'm ready to roll the dice again. Who should I be looking at?

This may seem idiotic, but look at the last post. Beachy and Pineda still come to mind.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby jeffmerk » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 pm

rjforlife wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:So I got burned by Hudson and Luebke each needing another TJ surgery but I'm ready to roll the dice again. Who should I be looking at?

This may seem idiotic, but look at the last post. Beachy and Pineda still come to mind.

I drafted Beachy last year and I've got my eye on Pineda. It's pitchers that won't be back until well into the season, like Chad Billingsley, that I'm referring to.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hot4tx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Derek Holland is a good one, IMO. Still has upside from where he's been the last few years but will miss a couple months or so, so he's pretty cheap. Also it's a knee injury so IMO there's less performance risk once he's right than if he hurt his arm.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby jeffmerk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Gavin Floyd should be worth a gamble, moving to a much better park for pitchers. Dylan Bundy might now be easier to acquire but his prospect ratings seem to have only gone down slightly.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:00 am

What's up with Danny Duffy? He was a target of mine last year...

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 am

smoovethug wrote:What's up with Danny Duffy? He was a target of mine last year...

I drafted him for $1 and it looks like he'll start the year in the KC rotation. It's the 2014 version of Beachy and Duffy that I'm looking for now.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:03 pm

jeffmerk wrote:
smoovethug wrote:What's up with Danny Duffy? He was a target of mine last year...

I drafted him for $1 and it looks like he'll start the year in the KC rotation. It's the 2014 version of Beachy and Duffy that I'm looking for now.

I don't think they've got a 5th starter decided yet...could easily be Ventura at #5 and they put Duffy down in the minors to continue to work on his shaky command.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby silverZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm

J35J wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:

I don't think they've got a 5th starter decided yet...could easily be Ventura at #5 and they put Duffy down in the minors to continue to work on his shaky command.

Has his velocity returned? Personally I'm hoping he starts the year in the minors so i can sneak him in the reserve rounds of my al-only dynasty league.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers