Shin-Soo Choo Trade: Indians --> Reds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shin-Soo Choo Trade: Indians --> Reds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Shin-Soo Choo Trade: Indians --> Reds

Postby converge241 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am

Even if they had issues with Bauer there were plenty of teams that would want him and pay more than what they got. The Ohio teams won big in this one, Cleveland moreso but Cinci got a better player in their quest to try and win now over Stubbs.

Gregarious may not even play full time so if hes the key to the deal I feel bad for them, plus even if he does play every day hes more of a defensive player which hey teams can use but you dont make that the key cog for a pitcher like Bauer even if bloom is off the rose (which generally speaking I dont think it is!)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 102)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaudDib » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 am

converge241 wrote:Even if they had issues with Bauer there were plenty of teams that would want him and pay more than what they got. The Ohio teams won big in this one, Cleveland moreso but Cinci got a better player in their quest to try and win now over Stubbs.

Gregarious may not even play full time so if hes the key to the deal I feel bad for them, plus even if he does play every day hes more of a defensive player which hey teams can use but you dont make that the key cog for a pitcher like Bauer even if bloom is off the rose (which generally speaking I dont think it is!)

I agree, someone should have payed more for him. But they didn't so now it will be interesting to see what this deal looks like a few years from now. It could end up being Choo is the best player in the deal by a lot and everyone else just got a bunch of guys.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 394)

Postby West » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 am

Sticky Spice wrote:
And not so insignificantly, the Indians also got Drew Stubbs. Not sure why Rotoworld is so down on Stubbs. He doesn't hit for average, but he has speed, power, and good D in CF, no?

There are a ton of reasons to be down on Stubbs. He hasn't been able to hit righties for the last two years (.199 BAA in the 2nd half last year), his contact rate has dipped down into the 60% range and he keeps pounding the ball into the ground at an increasing rate each of the last 4 years which will continue limit his power ceiling.

A change of venue and league might be really good for Stubbs though. If he keeps getting the green light he will easily steal 30. If he could take a few more walks or K less his counting stats would rebound and you could actually profit off him.

I like Choo in CIN with a little lineup protection. If he can start hitting lefties again and regain his power stroke he'll be a good bargain on draft day.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 97)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers