Would you keep Dunn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Would you keep Dunn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would you keep Dunn

Postby Surfs up » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I took over this team and Adam Dunn is on it. He is 22.00 . I've been shopping him but not getting any replies . Our league over pays for players as i showed you in another post. I was offered AJ Pierzynski (2.00 ) for Dunn 22.00 and Trayvon Robinson ( 5.00 ). I was hoping to get somebody better for Dunn but AJ being a productive catcher , possibly a Yankee and cheap is inviting. we use one catcher. keep 8 players. AL only 12 teams.5x5 stadard scoring.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would you keep Dunn

Postby kaiser » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm

I wouldn't have any problem keeping Dunn. Without knowing your auction budget, it is hard to say whether the price is right, but if your league tends to overpay, using average auction league budgets, I'd say that's not a bad price.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Element » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 pm

I am personally not a big fan of Dunn. If Pierzynski lands a job in the AL I would be okay with making that move. I view Trayvon as a 4th OF'er.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 632)

Postby Surfs up » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:30 pm

260.00 cap at draft. Miggy went for 50.00, Fielder and Albert 49.00 each. Verlander, Hamilton and Felix 35.00 each. Just to give you an idea.
Dunn was garbage in 11. had a nice bounce back with 40 hrs in 12 but tough batting average. Going into 11 he was very consistant with 35 or more hrs and 95-100 rbi something like 8 straight years. I'm seeing a more normal batting average in 13. maybe something along the lines of .250-.260 . The power numbers will also be there.
Look at Granderson . A few more hrs and a handful of steals. he went for 36.00 in my league.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MaudDib » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 am

I think I would keep Dunn. He had a blip on the radar and I would look at what he did last year as what he will probably be in 2013.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Dunn did what he always does. Hit hrs and drive runs. Yes the averaged sucked But based on what others did that cost almost twice as much he was worth the money. I got rejected on a couple of offers that included him but its early. We'll see how things go as we get closer to the season. Many don't even look at baseball this time of year. thanks for the help. ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby trippical » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

First of all, Trayvon Robinson will be on the O's bench this season so he shouldn't have any fantasy value.

I'm not sure of your league settings, but it sounds like an auction where Dunn will cost you $22 for 2013 but Pierzynski will only cost $2. If that's the case, ABSOLUTELY take that trade.

As for purely keeping Dunn, unless he can be kept for WAY under what he'd cost in the draft, I wouldn't keep him. It's such a pain to own very low average power hitters. He'll give you more headaches than wins.
trippical
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions