Dodgers About to Get STUPID Rich - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers About to Get STUPID Rich

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers About to Get STUPID Rich

Postby jfg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm sure many hope the TV market will be disrupted upon much like music was. So far, neither Apple, Google, Netflix, nor Hulu, et. al. have been able to shift the market into an a la carte TV distribution model.

The big networks have been following the Spotify model since the beginning of broadcast television. :-D

Sports fans will have a tough pill to swallow when they realize just how much it will cost them to purchase ESPN and Fox Sports a la carte. Non-sports fans bills will be lower, but there's no doubt they'll lose channels they enjoy that are subsidized by the packages cable companies put together. I think the biggest reason other than sports why people haven't cut the cord is because people like the variety. I just don't think people would like a la carte as much as they think they would.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dodgers About to Get STUPID Rich

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:14 pm

jfg wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm sure many hope the TV market will be disrupted upon much like music was. So far, neither Apple, Google, Netflix, nor Hulu, et. al. have been able to shift the market into an a la carte TV distribution model.

The big networks have been following the Spotify model since the beginning of broadcast television. :-D

Sports fans will have a tough pill to swallow when they realize just how much it will cost them to purchase ESPN and Fox Sports a la carte. Non-sports fans bills will be lower, but there's no doubt they'll lose channels they enjoy that are subsidized by the packages cable companies put together. I think the biggest reason other than sports why people haven't cut the cord is because people like the variety. I just don't think people would like a la carte as much as they think they would.

I was thinking about this yesterday and besides sports, reality TV and anything you talk about this socially plays a big part in this. If you don't know who won or was kicked off right away it is old news 2 days later. I'm more than happy to wait until the whole season of Dexter, Game of Thrones or Modern Family is done and watch them all at once but shows I talk about with my friends I watch right away.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers