Arod to have surgery. Will miss part of 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod to have surgery. Will miss part of 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Arod to have surgery. Will miss part of 2013

Postby Halo Homers » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Skin Blues wrote:What antics? And they apparently just learned of the hip problem in November and doctors determined that he needs to strengthen it before surgery, which is why the procedure isn't being done until January. Or maybe he just hates playing baseball which is why he waited 2 extra months to get it fixed. Yep, that makes more sense. He's just unprofessional.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I don't buy it. What he did in the dugout during the playoffs when the Yankees were going down in flames was unprofessional. Hard to believe the Yankees did not know about this injury sooner, and this is A Rod having he surgery when its convienant for him.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Skin Blues wrote:The Yankees could have washed their hands of A-Rod in 2008 and re-allocated that $275M to players that weren't already 32 years old. I'm glad they took the chance.

Can't blame them since they were bidding against nobody... I never really understood that whole situation played out. Yes, they had to keep him at the time but they basically just agreed to his asking price.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 177)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Halo Homers wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:What antics? And they apparently just learned of the hip problem in November and doctors determined that he needs to strengthen it before surgery, which is why the procedure isn't being done until January. Or maybe he just hates playing baseball which is why he waited 2 extra months to get it fixed. Yep, that makes more sense. He's just unprofessional.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I don't buy it. What he did in the dugout during the playoffs when the Yankees were going down in flames was unprofessional. Hard to believe the Yankees did not know about this injury sooner, and this is A Rod having he surgery when its convienant for him.

What did he do in the dugout? i watched most of the games, and I don't remember him doing anything but strikeout and eat sunflower seeds the entire time.

And why is it hard to believe they didn't know about this? What benefit is there in waiting to perform surgery?? I suppose they could be thinking of long-term injury list and collecting insurance money, but that has nothing to do with A-Rod and would be a team decision. He gets paid no matter what. Is it really convenient for him to rehab during the first half of the season? Does that make any sense at all?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers