We're looking for one new owner for an established, active, 15-team 5x5 mixed-league rotisserie keeper league, now going into its tenth year.
Teams carry both major league and (7-player) minor league rosters. Several long-standing cafe members are owners. We keep 5 regular players, 1 “rookie,” and 4 minor league players each year. Activity goes year round, using Yahoo during the season and a group site during the offseason. We do a slow draft starting very early each year, usually in mid-January.
There is a small, $10 fee for the team, with all money each year going toward prizes for the top 4 finishers.
We’re looking for an experienced, committed, and EXTREMELY active owner. The open team actually has quite strong keepers.
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with information about your fantasy baseball experience.
League basics are the following:
* 15 team league, mixed AL/NL, going into its 9th season
* Keeper format
- 5 major league players selected from the team roster
- 1 "rookie" keeper, who used up his MLB rookie eligibility in the just completed season
- 4 additional minor league players from a team's final major or minor league roster may be selected as keepers, provided they have not played enough in the major leagues to invalidate their rookie status for the next year (130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues - service time limits do not apply).
* Rotisserie style scoring - 10 categories (BA HR SB R RBI W SV ERA WHIP K)
* 22 active players (c,1b,2b,3b,ss,mi,ci,of,of,of,of,of,u,sp,sp,sp,sp,rp,rp,rp,p,p)
* 7 player minor league rosters
* Daily lineups
* Internet-based, as a Yahoo private league
* Slow snake draft, using a Yahoo group site, beginning in mid-January
* $10 league cost, all going toward prize money (1st: $80; 2nd: $35; 3rd: $25; and 4th: $10)