Thoughts on this trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Thoughts on this trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on this trade WHIR

Postby KSig24 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 pm

My King Felix and Chris Sale for his Josh Hamilton and Carlos Santana or Goldy or Machado.

I cant keep Felix and I will cut either Wright or Kinsler to take on J-Ham.
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on this trade WHIR

Postby Element » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Why can't you keep Felix? What happens to the lesser players in this deal? Are they keepers that you're trading away (Sale)? What about the ones that you're acquiring. I need more info on your keeper structure.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby KSig24 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I can only keep 3 players for more than three years. I currently have 5 players in the red. Cutch, Kinsler, Wright, Holliday, Felix. Adding Hamiliton who is a red player means that I need to release or trade one of my red.

Sale is fully eligible to be kept for three years. Santana can be kept on more year, Machado has full, Goldy has two years remaining. I would get Hamilton and one of the above.

Thoughts?
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Element » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

With no trades I would keep McCutchen, Holliday and Wright; releasing Felix & Kinsler. If you make the trade you would need to cut one of the three that we're keeping. That upgrade, to me, isn't nearly enough to compensate for the downgrade from Sale to any one of the other three.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby KSig24 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Element wrote:With no trades I would keep McCutchen, Holliday and Wright; releasing Felix & Kinsler. If you make the trade you would need to cut one of the three that we're keeping. That upgrade, to me, isn't nearly enough to compensate for the downgrade from Sale to any one of the other three.

I dont think you are following my keeper league rules correctly. I have 5 guys who either need to be kept, traded or sent back to the draft. I can only keep three of those. I am thinking about trading King Felix and Sale in a deal to get Hamilton and someone else. I would then have as red players Ham, Cutch, Kinsler/Wright.

I was simply asking peoples thoughts on the trade. I know that most people favor bats over arms and considering I cant keep Felix anyways I was trying to land a big bat.

My keepers as of now are:

Cutch, Wright, Sale, Desmond, A. Jones, Heyward, Kinsler, A. Jackson. We keep 8. I might also be landing Hanley.
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaiser » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes, I think I would make that deal, although Hamilton scares me more than any other big bat out there, in terms of risk.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

Kinsler, Wright and Hamilton all have questions marks heading into this season and none of them are what I would consider a great keeper. Part of me would rather keep Felix over any of those three players which would make the keepers McCutchen, Felix and Wright/Kinsler. Plus I think Sale is a better keeper option than Santana, Goldy or Machado. So I think I would hold off. Hamilton just isn't enough of an upgrade for me to deal both Felix and Sale.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

Unless Hamilton stays in Texas, i wouldn't trade for him.
Look at his splits.
I would keep Felix over Kinsler.
If you make the deal, get Machado.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby KSig24 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Great responses guys. Thanks!

I was a bit bullish on that offer anyways.

What are your thoughts on me trading away Kinsler to get Kipnis with full eligibility? I also may land Hanley in a deal for Desmond. I would then trade Wright.
KSig24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

KSig24 wrote:Great responses guys. Thanks!

I was a bit bullish on that offer anyways.

What are your thoughts on me trading away Kinsler to get Kipnis with full eligibility? I also may land Hanley in a deal for Desmond. I would then trade Wright.

I like the Kipnis deal. You still get to keep Wright and you lock down two shallow positions.

Not sure I would keep Hanley over Wright though. The deal is solid but I am not sold that Hanley is anything more than what he was last year, which is good but not great. He is still getting love because of the name, the stats haven't been there for a few years now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions