Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:If you can't vote for Bonds, who exactly CAN you vote for?
7 MVPs
8 Gold Gloves

If you're going to make a case for Bonds, you can't base it on MVP and Gold Glove awards. You can't expect the Hall of Fame voters to use awards voted on by a pack of ignorant morons as criteria for selection.


I don't think he's basing it on anything except the fact that he is one of the best players of all time. He's allowed to include awards in his list Bonds' achievements without it being the basis for his case.

I'm thinking you missed the typical vandelay joke here. Please read again.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

wrveres wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If you're going to make a case for Bonds, you can't base it on MVP and Gold Glove awards. You can't expect the Hall of Fame voters to use awards voted on by a pack of ignorant morons as criteria for selection.


I don't think he's basing it on anything except the fact that he is one of the best players of all time. He's allowed to include awards in his list Bonds' achievements without it being the basis for his case.

I'm thinking you missed the typical vandelay joke here. Please read again.


Probably should have read who posted it before responding.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 pm

wrveres wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If you're going to make a case for Bonds, you can't base it on MVP and Gold Glove awards. You can't expect the Hall of Fame voters to use awards voted on by a pack of ignorant morons as criteria for selection.


I don't think he's basing it on anything except the fact that he is one of the best players of all time. He's allowed to include awards in his list Bonds' achievements without it being the basis for his case.

I'm thinking you missed the typical vandelay joke here. Please read again.

If I knew how to make those fancy 'memes' that all the kids are talking about, I'd make one of the guy from that alien cartoon saying "not sure if worst insult ever directed at me on the Cafe, or best compliment."
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby kaiser » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 pm

mweir145 wrote:Seriously? You presumably created this thread with the knowledge that the chief debate surrounding this year's ballot was what to do with Bonds/Clemens/Sosa. You also incited that specific discussion immediately with your ridiculous first post including only Craig Biggio and Dale Murphy while ignoring Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens (the obvious class of this field or any other). No, there was no hijacking here. Let's not pretend that them calling you on that wasn't exactly what you wanted.


Actually, I just wanted to know who were the general favorites for HOF this year.
Last edited by kaiser on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 5554
(Past Year: 306)
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Genco Olive Oil Co.

Re: Re: Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
wrveres wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
I don't think he's basing it on anything except the fact that he is one of the best players of all time. He's allowed to include awards in his list Bonds' achievements without it being the basis for his case.

I'm thinking you missed the typical vandelay joke here. Please read again.

If I knew how to make those fancy 'memes' that all the kids are talking about, I'd make one of the guy from that alien cartoon saying "not sure if worst insult ever directed at me on the Cafe, or best compliment."
You should take it as a compliment. I luaghed.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Can someone poke me when we get to the steriods/vision part of the discussion.

Thanks.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25506905&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_25506905&v=3

Just found this and it seemed somewhat relevant. I could watch this on loop for hours.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby mweir145 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 am

I miss that.

Utterly ridiculous that people are really going to try to keep that out of the HOF.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame '13: Who gets the call?

Postby mweir145 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:15 am

kaiser wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Seriously? You presumably created this thread with the knowledge that the chief debate surrounding this year's ballot was what to do with Bonds/Clemens/Sosa. You also incited that specific discussion immediately with your ridiculous first post including only Craig Biggio and Dale Murphy while ignoring Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens (the obvious class of this field or any other). No, there was no hijacking here. Let's not pretend that them calling you on that wasn't exactly what you wanted.


Actually, I just wanted to know who were the general favorites for HOF this year.

http://youtu.be/HQfzwFloVqA
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact