Venting- Am I in the wrong here? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Venting- Am I in the wrong here?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Venting- Am I in the wrong here?

Postby AEMRICH » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi all.

I'm mostly venting here and checking to see if I'm the one who is in the wrong. Two years ago my wife was asking to get a dog and I told her no I don't want a dog they are too much responsibility. I told her I knew I wouldn't want to bring a dog out at 10:00 at night as we live in a condo on the 4th floor (the elevator only goes to the 3rd floor)

Well my wife got a dog that we have had for almost 2 years now and it is driving me nuts. I pay many of the bills for the dog, during the summer (I teach) the dog is left at home with me instead of going to work with her like usual. At night I have to go out with my wife and the dog because she is scared to go out. After work is done I'm supposed to pick up the dog and bring it home so she can go to the gym. Any time we leave our schedule is changed by having the dog.

We have been arguing about it lately and she has me feeling like I'm in the wrong because I complain and moan about having a dog and having to go out at 10:00 at night before I want to go to bed. What is even more frustrating is lately she has been trying to twist the situation and tell me that I never told her that I didn't want a dog.

It is so annoying to be fighting over a dog, but I've got some animosity built up about the situation.

Am I in the wrong here?
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Venting- Am I in the wrong here?

Postby ayebatter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am

AEMRICH wrote:Hi all.

I'm mostly venting here and checking to see if I'm the one who is in the wrong. Two years ago my wife was asking to get a dog and I told her no I don't want a dog they are too much responsibility. I told her I knew I wouldn't want to bring a dog out at 10:00 at night as we live in a condo on the 4th floor (the elevator only goes to the 3rd floor)

Well my wife got a dog that we have had for almost 2 years now and it is driving me nuts. I pay many of the bills for the dog, during the summer (I teach) the dog is left at home with me instead of going to work with her like usual. At night I have to go out with my wife and the dog because she is scared to go out. After work is done I'm supposed to pick up the dog and bring it home so she can go to the gym. Any time we leave our schedule is changed by having the dog.

We have been arguing about it lately and she has me feeling like I'm in the wrong because I complain and moan about having a dog and having to go out at 10:00 at night before I want to go to bed. What is even more frustrating is lately she has been trying to twist the situation and tell me that I never told her that I didn't want a dog.

It is so annoying to be fighting over a dog, but I've got some animosity built up about the situation.

Am I in the wrong here?

You're not wrong, just married.

And I bet it's one of those scrawny little purse dogs too................Mmmmm Tacos. :-b
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm

AEMRICH wrote:Am I in the wrong here?

Yes, this is on you for not communicating how serious your "no to dogs" was.
Happens to all of us in some fashion in our relationships.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Dogs get "lost" all of the time. Accidents happen. She'll get over it.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm

AEMRICH wrote:my wife

my wife

I pay many of the bills for the dog

my wife

I've never understood having the money separate when being "married". Works for some, but most I know don't act like couples, more like friends or roommates. Anyway... sorry about the sidetrack, just popped out at me that you're married, yet you specifically stated you pay many of the bills for the dog. Just weird for old fogeys like me to read something like that. :-D

No way I'd have a dog without having a yard. Like you said, too much work and responsibility. I guess you weren't clear enough with her about not wanting one, but if you really think you were clear about it, then maybe there are deeper problems. Either way, I'd find a way to put the responsibility of the dog back on her.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 am

Maybe next time she asks, some ye olde stink eye is the way to go...

AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby J35J » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 am

ayebatter wrote:You're not wrong, just married.

Late to the party, but this.

Oh and dogs always sound like a good idea...at least to me, but then you get them and you regret every minute of it....at least I do. It's like having a 2 year old for the next 10-15 years...ugh
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

J35J wrote:
ayebatter wrote:You're not wrong, just married.

Late to the party, but this.

Oh and dogs always sound like a good idea...at least to me, but then you get them and you regret every minute of it....at least I do. It's like having a 2 year old for the next 10-15 years...ugh

1. "Your not wrong, just married" Agreed.
2. And doubly agreed on pets in general. Love pets and animals in general but I dont underestimate the responsibility required, ie - forfeiture of freedom, to be a good owner.

Sorry to hear about your plight.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Return to General Talk