RotoChamp Software - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RotoChamp Software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RotoChamp Software

Postby americanleagueroto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 am

I wanted to see how many of you guys have used the RotoChamp software and what you're thoughts were.

It seems to do everything I try to make my own spreadsheets do, but rather than my brain reading the underlying numbers incorrectly (LD%, GB%, xBA etc etc) they seem to have it locked down. They also follow the same 3 year's worth of stats, most recent weighted the heaviest approach I've used for years.

Honestly, I never paid much attention to their projections on fangraphs, using steamer and others the past couple years, so I don't have an idea of how accurate they are.

Any insight would be great.

Is it fantasy baseball season yet? !+)
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RotoChamp Software

Postby Izenhart » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 am

Never used it, but I do think their projections are done very well. I think starting pitching they are especially good at ranking from year to year.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Re: RotoChamp Software

Postby americanleagueroto » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Izenhart wrote:Never used it, but I do think their projections are done very well. I think starting pitching they are especially good at ranking from year to year.

That's what I've noticed from all the independent studies of ranking success. It seems they are about middle of the pack when it comes to hitters, which makes sense because they tend to believe in veterans, while waiting for younger players to prove it, but project pitching pretty well.

I've recently purchased their draft software and I am very impressed. I like that I can override their projections and it will recalculate auction values/rankings. (Like Teixeria's .280+ BA) It sounds like they don't really factor in shifts in their xBA and will just go off the batted ball profile that comes up with BABIP, so it's important to adjust players who routinley see an overshift.

As more projection system are released the software will also include those, along with corresponding strength indexs (Tiers), rankings and auction values. Great product, can't wait to put it to work in the draft room.
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers