Dynasty: Youk for Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty: Youk for Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty: Youk for Beltran

Postby curl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 am

I'm in a 20 team, 25 keeper head to head dynasty league.

My current starting 3B is losing his eligibility this year, so I've been inquiring around about a few 3B I'd be interested in. Because of the depth of the league, 3B is a very difficult position to fill in general, and a lot of teams are hesitant to move players at a lot of the infield positions. I do have a little bit of outfield depth with Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, Michael Morse, and Logan Morrison with Oscar Taveras and Christian Yelich as possible help in the future. And really, most teams haven't been willing to touch a guy like Beltran given his age and injury history, which is why I've had to hold onto him as long as I have. So, does Youk play well enough next year to move Belltran?
curl
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty: Youk for Beltran

Postby pjalst » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:57 am

I'd deal both of them and go with a youth movement at 3B. Your outfield looks like its in good shape.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 pm

I think I stick with Beltran unless that is really the best you can do. I think I would try and move Hamilton if you can get a good 3B in return.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Element » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:55 pm

MaudDib wrote:I think I stick with Beltran unless that is really the best you can do. I think I would try and move Hamilton if you can get a good 3B in return.

Agree. Now is a great time to move Hamilton. Is name is going to be front and center over the next couple months. His production is likely going to decline a little if he moves on from Arlington. Plus, he's quickly aging & carries the obvious baggage. If you could land yourself a top flight option at 3B I'd be all over it.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby diesek » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 am

I would prefer Beltran
diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaiser » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Element wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I think I stick with Beltran unless that is really the best you can do. I think I would try and move Hamilton if you can get a good 3B in return.

Agree. Now is a great time to move Hamilton. Is name is going to be front and center over the next couple months. His production is likely going to decline a little if he moves on from Arlington. Plus, he's quickly aging & carries the obvious baggage. If you could land yourself a top flight option at 3B I'd be all over it.

I'm with Maud and Element. Wait until a deal is made for Hamilton, and then use the hype to your advantage.

Beltran and Youk are almost interchangeable, but I would favor Youk over Beltran.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Whomever you would have taken between Youk/Beltran before this season, that's who I would take for next season. Youk had about a worst possible year and Beltran had about a good as possible year. With both being veterans, I would expect each to normalize next season, so wherever you had them for 2012, I'd stick with it for 2013. I would take Youk.....
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions